911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Twin plug on efi -- options?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 09:48 PM
SoCal Mike
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JoeMag, your first post mentioned the Motec M4, so your planning to batch-fire your injectors?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:44 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For sure the upper line of EFI systems do offer a lot. These being Motec, EFI Tech ( I have had 2 of these), Pactel etc.

The danger is not considering all of the options. Often the high end suppliers get a little caught up in their own BS and forget to watch what the others are now offering. Also, in many cases, the differences that are offered by the high end systems are options not really used in the Porsche 930 world.

What is required is good hardware, repeatability, good user friendly software and support. This rules out some, but still leaves some other systems that are always getting better.

I am so impressed with the sofware offered by the new Link system and the functions that the Link system offers, I can now have what I want for a lot less. Others have seen this as well. I think this system will become one of systems of choice very quickly.

Good product, service and support should be made known. If there are others offering this, I welcome and look forward to reading about them. After all, the more the better.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:14 PM
JoeMag
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

So CalMike -- CAn not do sequential inj with S4, would have to do three banks of two in parallel. As I understand it there's very little if any loss in hp over sequential.

Man guys -- haven't got on to reading this for a few days and getting a lot of discussion / info thx!

BTw-- what is a relative comparison of autronic, motec, and Link equal ecu's and what is approx cost of each.
example: autronic sm4 $1200 = motec m48 $1800 = link ?? $XXXX
few simple things I'd like to do besides fuel / spark --> control boost, monitor wheel speed, closed loop wide band, record sensor data (say for 20mins)
Old 09-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Joe, There will be no power difference between full sequential and batch or multipoint injection. You will get better fuel mileage and slightly better throttle response with sequential, but only at lower RPMs where the injector duty cycle is less than about 40%.

Simon, I agree 100% and for what most are doing here, the upper end ECUs provide more capability than will ever be used here.

Quick Reply: Twin plug on efi -- options?