911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

*The official WUR thread*

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Olli
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRS
.....IMO, the Leask setup IS A MUST FOR OUR 930s!
Agreed, and I realize I am repeating myself here but I also have two of his adjustable WURs and although I struggled a bit initially with my Mityvac (wasn't the correct combination - but I have gotten that fixed since then), the adjustments are easier than what they seem at first glance, and most importantly, they work like a charm. Nice to turn an allen key and watch the warm control pressure go up or down just like that depending on the direction of the turn. For lowering the cold control pressure you need to tap a stud a bit but raising the pressure is again just tightening a nut with wrench. With the FT pressure there's just a couple of washers and an SHCS that you use as an aide with either turning the allenkey or tapping the stud depending on whether you want to lower or raise the pressure. But the bottom line is: it's easy and it works! And the adjustable WUR comes with clear and comprehensive instructions.

Last edited by Olli; 09-18-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Olli
Racer

Originally Posted by SUPRADAN
.... Ran the fuel pumps while the WUR power is disconnected and the CIS tester tapped in between the Fuel Head and WUR, and this the reading I got 19-20 psi. .....
I don't know at what temperature you took this measurement but my cold WUR readings are in the 22-27 psi range and according to the factory manual they are fine given the temps where I live. Do you have the factory manuals? You'll find all the appropriate values there. If you don't have the manuals, you will find that there are people on this board who can help you get them by doing a search for factory manuals.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:26 PM
SUPRADAN
AutoX

Olli,

I don't have a manual but, I do have a small book on the CIS system on these cars. The book tells you values. When I ran the test, the temp outside was 76 and cloudy. These readings were taken after the car was warmed up. PLEASE HELP
Old 09-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Olli
Racer

Originally Posted by SUPRADAN
Olli,

I don't have a manual but, I do have a small book on the CIS system on these cars. The book tells you values. When I ran the test, the temp outside was 76 and cloudy. These readings were taken after the car was warmed up. PLEASE HELP
At 76 Fahrenheit (~24.4 Celcius) and at 19-20 psi (~1.31-1.379 bar) the range as given in the manual for 24.44 degrees celcius is between 1.3/1.4 and 1.7/1.8 bar. I believe there are other factors going in to this check as well like the atmospheric pressure, but be it as it may, looks like your cold pressure reading is at the lower end of the acceptable range. The point being, it is in the acceptable range. PM me your e-mail address and we can talk about the manuals.....
Old 09-18-2006, 10:11 PM
SUPRADAN
AutoX

Olli,

Thank you for the insight. I'm going to hook up the CIS tester and run another test. I'll PM you with my e-mail address.

Daniel

Quick Reply: *The official WUR thread*