Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Digital WUR?? Stephen & others......what the heck is it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 10:47 PM
1tonturbo
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey 38D, your point about driveability is well taken. Did you read the copy that reads " fully mappable and adjustable" ? We were able to adjust and manipulate our A/F numbers not just at high RPM, but through the ENTIRE RPM range with the DigiWUR installed. Certainly the adjustability is not at the same level as a $8000 EFI system, but neither is the cost at a mere $650.
I really believe that for the needs of most of the guys here on this board, this system is the answer we have been looking for to solve our WUR/A/F problems. My motor is a measly 3 ltr. and with a K27-7200 is making 349 RWHP at 5800 RPM, and 328 lb. ft. of torque at 5700 RPM, 300 lb. ft. at 4250, all at 1 Bar. Certainly, we are leaving at least 40 HP on the table by not running a newer hybrid/hyflow or ball bearing turbo and who knows how much by our lack of displacement.

I know it is hard to not be skeptical about this system. I was as well when Chris first told me about it. But after working through the kinks and many hours on the dyno, I am a believer. Chris now has the data he needs to manufacture and ship these systems with multiple profiles pre installed. Adjustability is as easy as entering a number(code) into your palm pilot and then confirming suitability with your A/F guage. Anyway, I am excited and thought I should share my personal experience.
Bryan Beaumont
Old 06-25-2006, 11:00 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Call Neil Harvey...he's already been there done that and has it! No need to wait!"

I believe the system he has, does timing retard and a electronic boost control all built in built in. Not sure whats involved and what you have to buy extra to make these functions work. The system Sandman is talking about has a frequency Valve that adjusts the fuel pressures RPM verses engine load, unlike some of the systems offered by others that just give you more fuel once you reach a certain boost level. This one you "MAP" just like any other fuel Injector.

I also think he has a fuel only system that is PC tunable. Like a junior EFI.

Best to call and ask what is offered.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:26 AM
sand_man
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.performancedevelopments.com/

1643 Monrovia Ave. Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Phone. 949.646.7461, Fax. 949.646.7471

If it doesn't meet your needs...he won't sell it to you!
Old 06-26-2006, 07:17 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by 1tonturbo
Hey 38D, your point about driveability is well taken. Did you read the copy that reads " fully mappable and adjustable" ? We were able to adjust and manipulate our A/F numbers not just at high RPM, but through the ENTIRE RPM range with the DigiWUR installed. Certainly the adjustability is not at the same level as a $8000 EFI system, but neither is the cost at a mere $650.
I'm not saying the DigiWUR system is not good. I am saying that far too often people only consider the impacts on peak HP levels, and not the impact on power under the curve. EFI, while certainly not cheap, does allow the ultimate in adjustability. If this system even gives you 50% of that, for $650 it is sounds great.

Quick Reply: Digital WUR?? Stephen & others......what the heck is it?