Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Widest possible rear rim/tire combo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006 | 11:34 PM
ZX3tuning
Instructor

well i got my Kinesis test fit wheel a week or 2 ago and finally got around to test fitting it today.
on our car with the big-reds in the rear you CAN run a 34mm offset with a 4" outer and a 7.5" inner on a reverse drop center wheel. you may have clearence issues with the oil line on the passenger side which can either be fixed with adjusting the line in tighter witht he frame or a 5mm spacer.

however i found that taking a 1/2" off the inside, 1/4" off the center you can add an extra 1/2" to the outer giving it a 4.5" outer and a TON of dish... this should give us about 1/2" from the outer edge of the rim lip to the inner edge of the fender and should not pose any rubbing issues at all with the fender and should give us about 1/4" on the inside to clear the oil lines.
i still have to double check with Nicole at Kinesis, who has been NOTHING BUT A TON OF HELP BTW, before finalizing the order but it shouldn't be an issue.

i took some pics today while test fitting the wheel, i'll try and get those up later as they are on another computer but here is a little teaser...

sorry for the bad quailty, camera-phone...

Quick Reply: Widest possible rear rim/tire combo?