Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

FS - 1986 PORSCHE 930 slantnose.....15,900 miles !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 08:18 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS - 1986 PORSCHE 930 slantnose.....15,900 miles !!!

-Sport seats
-Heated seats
-"Full" leather interior with deviating dash and door sills
-M030 sport suspension
-Limited slip differential
-Sunroof
-Air conditioning converted to R134
-JVC in-dash CD
-Slantnose conversion done correctly when the vehicle was new using "factory" steel parts
-"Momo" steering wheel and shifter
-"Kinesis" K27 wheels
-400HP upgrade.....964 cams, 1.0 bar spring, larger intercooler, K27 turbo, sport exhaust, etc, done 3,000 miles ago
-"Major" service (valves, plugs, fluids, etc) and a thorough overall vehicle inspection just performed by the local Porsche dealer 1,000 miles ago
-Like new.....needs nothing.....a true "time capsule" car...........absolutely no leaks, no issues of any kind !!
-No accidents
-Clean "CARFAX" and "CARPROOF" reports
-Books and service records
-Can ship anywhere in Canada or the continental USA
-$58,000 USD
Attached Images        
Old 04-17-2006, 09:01 PM
senna21
Racer

Boy, do I want a 930S in a bad way.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:35 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Gorgeous car but unfortunately it's still a conversion not... an original slant nose..
Good Luck...
Old 04-17-2006, 11:51 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts

Are there vents above the headlights?
Old 04-18-2006, 09:54 AM
turboGary
Racer

I agree it's not a real slantnose so the price would be out of line.

"-Slantnose conversion done correctly when the vehicle was new using "factory" steel parts"

..... this can't be true as there is more than just bolting on parts to have a true slantnose. There are brackets, mechanisms which are welded to the chassis from a bare shell when these true slantnoses were built. The headlight assy is unique in itself with just one motor activating both lights with, not easily copied I would think. Heck I paid that for my real one. It does look very nice but I'd be scared of a modified one not really know what was done other than what's told/documented as to when I bought my 100% original one.

Still a very nice car though
Old 04-18-2006, 12:58 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the comments guys !!

The vents are there but they are hard to see in the photos due to lighting.

The manner in which I described the car is correct as to the point I am trying to make in the ad I guess, we're starting to slice peas now. No offence taken BTW.

The point is simply that as opposed to it merely being a fiberglass car, or one that was significantly visually different (and there are lots of both actually) from what the OEM product looked like when it left the showroom.......and having stated upfront it's a conversion, and with the average Porsche buyer knowing what that means, the intent was also to infer it looks the same and was done correctly to the extent that it could have been, as opposed to the many below average cars out there.

Another funny thing is, that this car does not have the centre headlight motor obviously as it is a conversion, but it has the rear oil cooler.......whereas I have another steel slantnose conversion in transit (22k miles on that puppy) and it has the centre motor and various bits evident, but no rear oil cooler in the fender vents.......

The subject car in question FWIW has changed hands twice in the last 5 years.......at over $65K+ CAD........I sold it both times actually.......so the market for good cars (conversion or not) is actually a lot better and more stable than some might perceive it to be. Perfect, low mileage 86-89 turbo coupes will fetch $55K+ CAD all day long.......turbo cabs middle sixties +.......these "old tubs" are in many cases worth much more than 12+ year newer 996's...........and IMHO a much better and more satisying drive as well. But you all know that........heh !!!
Old 04-18-2006, 02:25 PM
turboGary
Racer

true.... there are well done conversions and sloppy done ones. I looked to buy a conversion first but after seeing it in person the car was well below exceptable. It had fiberglass fenders with mesh to prevent rocks from shattering the fender vents... way to obvious if you are trying to fool people. The car did have brand new Fikse rims and new tires which are an easy $8k value but the deal killer was it had 13 registered owners! Yikes!!!!... and 4 of them were leasing companies. The last one was an autobody shop down the road from the dealer who had it for 2yrs.... gee, wonder why? I only found all this out as the dealer had conveinently no history by writing the ser# down while he was away and bought the buyers package. So glad the government imposed this.... The car looked great other than that but I ran!!!!

Oh.. the asking price was $50k Can
Old 04-18-2006, 04:39 PM
WERK-I
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick picking, but I wish they had mounted the vent strakes horizontally like they are supposed to be.
Other than that, the car looks very clean.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:07 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

I agree with Werk about the vent strakes. This is a major sign of someone doing good metal work but not knowing the car very well. I am putting rear vents in my '87 and getting thos strakes horizontal is difficult and takes a lot of trial and error fitting. It's hard to believe that someone would set out to make such a hughe mod and not even research it. You can see from one of the vents that I used that the strakes (They are actually called something else but I can't remember now), are premounted and the entire vent must be horizontal as it is installed.
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2006, 05:13 PM
WERK-I
Pro

rudy,
Nice work!
That was a good catch. I never noticed, but the entire vent is off horizontally. That would explain the strakes being off.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:41 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

That's an interesting comment.......thanks........I just spent about 15 minutes looking at all the pictures on Google when you type in 930 and/or slantnose, and it seems that of those pictures which are reasonably large enough and at the right angle to see what is being talked about.........1/3 to half the cars appear to have the same slight upward angle at the front of the vent.....but that doesn't mean anything really........it's just an observation........albeit an unusual one

I'll run it by my bodyshop and look into getting it corrected.

turboGary......

Can you elaborate on which car that was ? Color, etc, etc.....I watch for these all the time and can only recollect a couple on the market in the last 12 months in Canada.....I'm curious more than anything ?
Old 04-18-2006, 07:55 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Been out looking at the car again...........it appears from measurements on both sides that the vents are horizontal relative to the rocker panel lines and that the strakes are slightly off..........it also appears that they are seperate pieces from the vent.......in that they are not fixed as a unit, but probably removeable.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:40 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

If your vents are removable like mine, you could take them out and re-fit them to the horizontal position. They are held in place with two small screws at the rear and a metal tube or axel at the front. If the bottom of the vent is parallel with the rocker then all you have to do is re-fit them. But remember, as you lower the back edge of the strakes they have to be trimmed and fitted to the new shape. These vents are compound curves and it will take hand fitting.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:53 PM
turboGary
Racer

Originally Posted by YYC930
turboGary......

Can you elaborate on which car that was ? Color, etc, etc.....I watch for these all the time and can only recollect a couple on the market in the last 12 months in Canada.....I'm curious more than anything ?
PM sent.... don't want to post some info
Old 04-20-2006, 04:02 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Rudy.......that was exactly what I was wondering.......it looks exactly as you describe. Will report back later..........I really appreciate the input too !!!

Gary......

PM received and replied to.

Quick Reply: FS - 1986 PORSCHE 930 slantnose.....15,900 miles !!!