Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

flow testing injectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 01:50 PM
JoeMag
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Sand_Man -- you can purchase two injectors from Marren if you'd like. I specifically asked the question. You mention they failed "flow test". Was that actual flow rate, or spray pattern. If flow rate, who tested them, for my future info?

...wish I would have known about RCEngr, would have followed up with them too.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:27 PM
sand_man
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeMag
Sand_Man -- you can purchase two injectors from Marren if you'd like. I specifically asked the question. You mention they failed "flow test". Was that actual flow rate, or spray pattern. If flow rate, who tested them, for my future info?

...wish I would have known about RCEngr, would have followed up with them too.
Joe, I'll have to see if the flow rate is documented in the build sheet that Performance Developments created for my engine. They're the ones who cleaned and tested the injectors. I got a bag of four that were tagged: "cleaned and good" and a bag of two that were tagged: "cleaned but don't flow properly".
Old 03-23-2006, 02:47 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Having actually dismantled and ultrasonically cleaned my own injectors I would use Cruzin Performance the next time around, they charge $12USD per injector. Other than replacing the filter basket, pintle cap and the o-rings there is not much else that is "rebuildable"?
Old 03-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Ed930
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased 3 new Bosch injectors at vertexauto.com. They were $75 each.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:22 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Sandman is talking about mechanical Injectors and some of you are talking electronic. I think with mechanical Injectors, its not only about flow volume, but how they open and spray.

Sandman, best to ask Neil. If they tested them, there's paperwork. I have never seen so much paperwork. I guess you have seen it too.

Quick Reply: flow testing injectors