3.4L Turbo engine mock-up pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 09:23 AM
sand_man
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m42racer
Sand man,

It's a shame you could not make it out there. I've spent many hours/days there just watching. What I love the most is the level of committment. It may be a very expensive race engine or an older street engine, but the same attention to detail is given. I have seen parts machined or repaired that others could not or would not attempt. I was amazed at the machining that was done on an old engine block from an early Mercedes straight 8 engine. No one else would do it or could do it. Special fixtures were made along with special tooling to machine it. The quality in the tooling and fixturing was beautiful. The end result is always a function of the level of work done.

For those who have seen the level of work to come out of this shop will understand what I am talking about. There is no reward here for me, other than introducing others to what they can have and expect.
That's a cool story, Simon! I sent Neil a lengthy email explaining my problems and worries with the local "machine shop" here. No less than 10 minutes after receiving my email, Neil himself called me (long distance) and talked to me for no less than thirty minutes about my engine. After speaking to him, I knew there was no turning back...HE WAS THE MAN! How often do you get the opportunity to work with a guy that was on Nelson Pique's Formula One team back in the day when Nelson was winning World Driving Championships! Neil was also in the race engine department of Andial (Pre- PMNA days) during the "real" IMSA days. However, not once did Neil rest on his lorals, brag, or make mention of any of his impressive resume. He just explained the direction he'd take with my engine if it were his. He takes a very practical approach to things.

Quick Reply: 3.4L Turbo engine mock-up pictures