Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Price of a DP Slantnose Conversion on a 930?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 12:17 PM
SoCal Mike
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, at first glance the price is somewhat tempting, 10.5 USD. Salvage title can mean many things. I would want to determine why it may have been given salvage status. If it was initially stolen and cleanly stripped, then no problem. If it was wrecked then I would want to investigate the damage to the tub. The engine work can get extremely expensive. I'm confused as to its running condition from your reply above, if it runs like crap no one should be hammering on it full boost. That will quickly get even more expensive. Also, don't forget that on these cars you could easily spend 10K on interior/dash/rubber trim etc stuff. This is certainly a project car that should be tackled by someone who can/wants to do the work themselves and build themselves a brand new custom. Otherwise it might be better just to buy a car without so many issues.

A few random notes, it has factory sport seats...nice, the slantnose fenders especially if metal could easily be sold or traded away if you chose to. An to answer you initial question, the DP wheels new were about 350-400 new. I'd say you could probably get at least $1000 for the set if they are in decent condition.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:59 PM
GTR John
Advanced

I own a car sales/service and modifing shop so the prolem of doing it yourself is not an issue. I'm not the most mechanically intelligent due to the fact that I run the sales aspect of my company.

I had the body inspected by a shop and by my mechanic, and the car does not look like it has been in any kind of accident. The engine is sluggish, might need a rebuilt. All the mechanics can be done by my shop which is not a problem. The interior if cleaned up is actually not that bad and the soft top is in very good shape on the outside, but a little tor on the inside. The car overall does need a little work all over but it's not bad. The price is what tempted me as well. I'm either planning on reseling the car or maybe just keeping it. I believe the car was just stolen.

Thanks for the price quote on the wheels.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:51 PM
CrAzYcArGuY
Instructor

For a running 930 you don't hear about many cheaper in price then this. If you have the mechanicals taken care of at your shop and can slowly do the interior depending on your ability and your budget it sounds pretty good. Its worth the price alone in parts for a 930 cab. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:30 PM
GTR John
Advanced

Thanx for the input fellas. You have been very helpful.

Quick Reply: Price of a DP Slantnose Conversion on a 930?