Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

87 930 Headlight upgrade guidance needed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Flat_6_with_Air
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 87 930 Headlight upgrade guidance needed?

In a desire for enhanced vision at night for back country roads, an upgrade to the stock headlights is needed for my 87 930. I called Pelican parts (are you allowed to say that on this Rennlist forum?) and of course received new H4 headlamps and all sorts of screws and an "adapter". Naturally all of the parts refer to the years 65-86, thus the "adapter" was included.

After pulling out one headlight to start the conversion, I found the adapter wouldn't work, so the project was halted and the original headlight re-installed.

My question, does anyone know the "right" path to follow, for upgrading my stock lights to H4's? Or am I chasing windmills??

PS When I removed the headlight assembly, I noticed it was dirty in the headlight cavity/well and of course cleaned it. I wondered if the concourse judges ever look in there??
Old 01-02-2005, 11:50 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You should have gotten the whole assembly. It should simply unscrew it and lay the new one in place. There should also be pig tails to convert the wires.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Flat_6_with_Air
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response, I should have indicated that I recieved the entire H4 assembly. No problems with that part. The only problem is converting from the stock half-oval shaped connector to the adapter which plugs onto the new H4 lightbulb. I do not want to cut any of the existing stock wires, so I will probably convert the old lightbulb/holder assembly with a pigtail /mounting of the adapter to do the conversion. I just hoped there was an easier way.

Quick Reply: 87 930 Headlight upgrade guidance needed?