Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

HP upgrade??????

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 10:36 PM
SoFast
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My whole goal here is to use the car for street and track. A combination of both....So, in practicality, I want to build a car that is fun to drive on the road and then on weekends, I can go to the local road course and have a blast.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:54 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Impossible without some fairly large compromises, which will defer the performance. What you want, we have all wanted but never achieved. This is the typical "grey area" many have found themselves in, when doing these types of upgrades. the customer knows no different, and the shop promises the impossible. Now the BS starts.

What you are asking for is covered fairly well with the saying about wanting your cake and eating it too.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:39 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Simon, I just disagree with you. I have proved that it is possible without compromizes, however the car becomes so fast that driving it on the street is no longer fun because you can't use all of the power without getting into trouble. If you put up a stock or modified CIS car on a dyno, I'll beat the area under the curve and provide a higher peak torque and power by a large margin. In other words, I'll make more power at every point over CIS car. ...And I'll do it at stock boost level and street fuel and you can run the CIS car at 1bar and race fuel.

Quick Reply: HP upgrade??????