911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Concours Advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 06:54 PM
donv
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Concours Advice

I rashly entered my 1980 euro 930 in a local concours this summer. Any suggestions or common things I should consider?

My car has a Momo steering wheel, but I have the original wheel with me and will keep it in the car. I also have a copy of the COA, which should be helpful, and the car still has it's toolkit. I did have to buy an air compressor, but I have that now.

My car was German market originally, and long ago lost it's owner's manual and pouch. I debated about buying a German or english owner's manual, and in the end decided to buy an english one on eBay, since while it is not correct for the car, at least it might be useful for answering questions.

My car has very cool sport seats with a blue tweed fabric insert. I think they are probably either original, or were redone in the same style as original, hard to tell. I found the fabric in a 1980 Porsche interior brochure, so it was at least a possibility, and the COA says the interior is "Description Not Available / 51" so could be original?

It does have a period Blaupunkt stereo, which was installed in the mid-1980s at the latest.

I believe my car also has the original Fuchs wheels, although they have been painted body color (looks pretty cool actually).

Anything I'm missing or should be aware of?
Old 04-27-2024, 11:53 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 279 Posts

There is an entire section on concours and show stuff, perhaps if you copy and post over there, you will get expert input? Good luck.

https://rennlist.com/forums/concours-and-car-care-86/

Old 04-28-2024, 01:24 PM
donv
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you. That forum seems to be more about detailing and cleaning-- the type of concours I am entering is more about originality and completeness (obviously the car needs to be reasonably clean, but part of the event includes a 100 mile drive the day before), so they aren't judging on the cleanest, shiniest car.

I'm more interested in what items a 1980 930 should have, whether my incorrect owner's manual should matter, painted wheels, etc?

Quick Reply: Concours Advice