911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Mobile Werks West Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 05:30 PM
at102
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Mobile Werks West Experience

I have a 1987 930 that is in need of a transmission service soon and was wondering if anyone on the forum has had any experience dealing with Mr. Thomas Amon here. He's a little bit of a drive from me but his prices seems reasonable compared to other quotes I have received in the bay area.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:37 AM
wcarson
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by at102
I have a 1987 930 that is in need of a transmission service soon and was wondering if anyone on the forum has had any experience dealing with Mr. Thomas Amon here. He's a little bit of a drive from me but his prices seems reasonable compared to other quotes I have received in the bay area.

My 1970 911 is there with Mobile Works West now. I dropped it off in January for a "canyon carving set up" suspension refurbishment, engine re-cam (it's running a 3.0L with Weber Carbs and we re-cammed with 964 cams), and some mild transmission work (4th gear was always pesky to engage). Indeed Tom is really well respected and their prices seem pretty reasonable. I will be able to more accurately critique their work when I get my car back. It's been delayed now for weeks and weeks waiting to get the distributor back from being re-curved. A couple of things to note: My understanding is that Tom has sold the business to a young gentleman (Daniel) who I have had a lot of interaction with. Tom is still involved quite a bit though and I'm assuming is doing most of the work, or at least supervising the work. Daniel has been a pleasure to interact with. He's one of those people you can just tell is a good honest person the second you meet him. Hopefully my car will be done in the next couple of weeks and I will have more information. But I am comfortable with them so far. When I met Tom in person when I dropped the car off, he was really nice and totally down to earth. My opinion is that all the awesome things you read about him are true. And the new owner of MWW appears to be carrying on the business in a manner that Tom approves of. I think your 930 transmission would be in good hands with them. I will update more when I get my car back.

Quick Reply: Mobile Werks West Experience