Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

GHL Header Install KIT

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 04:58 PM
MitchB
Burning Brakes

Location: Dallas, then Annapolis - now Laguna Beach CA. Well, not so fast - I'm back in Dallas. For good!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GHL Header Install KIT

I was going to wait to install my new turbo until I pulled the motor for some other mods - GHL header install for one - but the motor pull may have to wait a bit...

I decided to go ahead with the turbo install since I needed to pull the "J" pipe to get to the the wastegate for a check/rebuild (I think the diaphram is bad).

I went ahead and got the install kit from GHL and decided to use those items that I could - like the straight WG pipe. Included in the kit is a different Turbo oil drain pipe/tank. Unlike the factory setup there is no breather hose to the air filter. Is that right? I didn't get any instructions and it's Saturday - I'm trying to finish before Mon...

Anyone else done this install..?

Thx
Old 05-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Kurt P.
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mitch,

I'm in the middle of my install as well. Your are correct, there is no breather hose from the GHL turbo drip can to the air cleaner. I haven't found anything to plug the hole in the air cleaner yet, might just duct tape it closed until I can find a proper plug.

Anyone out there found a plug that works?
Old 05-02-2004, 03:45 PM
RO
Intermediate

Just went through this. There is no breather line for the new GHL set up. It would be nice if we could get them to creat a set of general instructions because it is quite confusing. The routing of the oil line is another issue. I ran mine up over the trans bell housing. Made things alot cleaner under there. Good Luck...Randy
Old 05-02-2004, 08:15 PM
MitchB
Burning Brakes

Location: Dallas, then Annapolis - now Laguna Beach CA. Well, not so fast - I'm back in Dallas. For good!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So - There is NOT an instruction sheet....?

That ain't cool. I just thought it got left out of my box...
Old 05-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Brent 930
Racer

From what I remember when I had my headers installed the hard oil line wouldn't allow the air injector for cylinder 3 to fit and I just plugged the ports instead and lost the air lines all together. Then since I had the Powerflow I didn't worry about the breather to the air box. Though you can find a hose and terminate the end to plug the port. I wouldn't want those oil vapors going back into the engine even though it's for emissions controls. Or just get a Powerflow and upgrade that too.

Quick Reply: GHL Header Install KIT