Wood dash

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 01:28 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts
Default Wood dash

Im thinking of adding a wood dash to my car to match the wheel and shifter. About the only place Ive found that offers dashes for 930s though is WoodDashFactory.com:

http://www.wooddashfactory.com/pages...no=DD1-8540.01

Anyone had any luck with these guys or with adding a wood dash? Do I need to pull the gauges or just unscrew the bezels? How tough are these to put on?

Im hoping they can send samples so I dont get a wrong grain. Im thinking of this one:

To match what I already have:

Old 04-01-2004, 10:38 PM
justkickenit
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the look I want for my interior. Who makes the steering wheel and shift ****? Also, where did you get the center console - it looks much cleaner than the stock console. I want one for my car!
Old 04-02-2004, 12:30 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Wheel and shifter are by Momo. I dont know the wheel model or part number but I can look (installed by previous owner) but I believe the shifter is the Momo Combat. Usually about $80 but I found it for $50 on closeout somewhere. The Combat shifter is just BARELY different in grain to the wheel so if Momo makes them in a series, the wheel might not be Combat if theres such a thing.

The console is the 930 slantnose console. Again, it was in the car when I got it. I dont think the previous owner installed it -- he would have had no idea it even existed. Must have been ordered straight from the factory because Ive never seen them for sale. Slantnose crowd might be able to shed light.

How do you like your GHL? Im thinking of the same 4" dualy setup.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:43 PM
TommieG
1st Gear

stuttgartperformance.com have the 930S center console:

http://www.stuttgartperformance.com/...r=HOME:intprod
Old 04-03-2004, 03:00 AM
justkickenit
Instructor

Thanks for the link TommieG!

UDPride: I like the sound of the GHL but it's very loud. It's so loud that it is difficult to hold a conversation without raising your voice. I'm thinking about putting the stock exhaust back on to make it more comfortable as this car is almost a daily driver. I was hoping to find a high performance exhaust system (headers to muffler) that is 50 state legal and not too loud but haven't had any luck.

Quick Reply: Wood dash