911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Electrical Connector Stamped 9682

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 07:55 PM
toddlaroche
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Electrical Connector Stamped 9682

I just notice a black female plug that is hanging unattached in the engine compartment of my 1978 930. I'ver never noticed it before, but it could have been like that for a long time. My engine was rebuilt extensively about 2,000 miles ago. Here are the details: 2 wires, 1 red 1 brown wrapped in a black tubing. The wires connected to this come from a bundle of wires directly under the #1 intake runner. 3 other wire bundles come from a larger bundle at this point, 1 leads to the Heater blower motor, 1 leads to the Warm up regulator, and the other joins another group of wires under the heating ducting and heads to the engine compartment electrical block.

The connector is female, and would accept a plug with 2 round contacts about 1cm apart. It has 2 hooked tabs to secure it in place. The connector is black, and marked with a logo that looks like a combination of "K" and "L" on top of each other. It is also marked "W. Germany" and the number "9682" (see attached pics) Does anyone know where/what this is supposed to be connected to and whether it's a problem if it isn't connected?

Does anyone know where/what this is supposed to be connected to?

Quick Reply: Electrical Connector Stamped 9682