Show Your Turbo Here

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 03:53 PM
SoFast
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice Job!

Tim,

Wow, that looks awesome. Very neat and profesionally done. Kudos. Let me know how it runs. I was considering switching my car tt since it was last updated sometime ago. I am itching to play.

Paul
Old 10-01-2004, 04:34 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tim,
Very neat. Which turbo and extractors are you using?
Old 10-02-2004, 11:45 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,299 Posts

Sameer,

I see you bought a new XJ6. How do you like the ride? My first car was a '74 XJ6. Not the same animal (no more gremlins) but was one of the smoothest driving cars I ever owned, when the car actually ran.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:48 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Paul,

That new avitar is disturbing, good one!!
Old 10-02-2004, 01:56 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Anthony,
I've always loved Jags. They just have a character of their own like Porsches but off course in a British manner. I used to previously own the 1997 XJ6 long wheel base which was much more sleek and in my opinion had a presidential apeal. However off course with time, technology improves. The new XJ6 is much more smoother as it has air suspension just like the Rolls and a 6 speed g/box so power delivery is better. I also do love the interior trimmings of Jags; the hand stiched leather etc etc.

I see you have a CF dash. Is this a stick on to the original dash board parts? Or a replacement of the dash parts. I'm going to upgrade to the 94 dash with the bigger a/c vents and do want to give it the CF look which is why I ask.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:33 PM
SoFast
Racer

Anthony,

I chose that Avatar due to the fact that I must be crazy wanting to hang close to some of these HP maniacs. It is contagious. LOL I was looking for a winter project, and now have flip flopped more than Kerry throughout the years. I just bought the car because it was well maintained and modified. For its modifcations, it is putting down 465RWHP with the old enrichment dial. But, the driveability is great, if I can get it started. Either cold or hot, it is a nightmare. Just like the tale of the three bears, it has to be just right....LOL SO, I wanted to update it. As well, I was considering a tt because when the boost hits, it gets pretty unstable in the rear end. Since this is a new car to me mechanically, I have to learn the ropes.

As for the CF dash, I also would love to do that as well. Looks awesome.

Paul
Old 10-02-2004, 04:12 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

The CF dash was installed by the PO. It is the factory exclusive kit which requires replacement of the passenger air bag panel. FVD has a complete kit. You are talking some serious $$ for a cosmetic upgrade but it looks great and really adds something to the interior. These interiors are rather bland compared to the new cars today. I believe the PO paid $4500 US to have it done back in '95. This included the CF shifter and hand brake. I was thinking about doing the hand brake tray and switch surrounds to complete the look but I fear it may be too much.

It would appear the air suspension is becoming a big craze. I have it on the CT and it really is a great feel for such a large vehicle. Although I would not want to have to repair these things out of warrantee, the cost is significantly higher than the standard strut or shock. I was surprised to see that the A8 I test drove along with the Allroad amongst several other cars come equipped with air suspension. That is one thing I do remember about my 74 jag. For the time it was ahead of its time regarding all the appointments. I was contemplating a Jag instead of the CT but my neighbor traded his in last year after only 6 months because of its poor handling in snowy conditions.

Paul sorry to see you are having starting problems. Takes the pleasure out of the Porsche experience. Though 465 RWHP must be a blast. I am sure it must be a handful under full boost. But that is what makes the single turbos such a challenge and thrilling ride. Although I am producing 430 Hp at the crank it still gets me going when full boost breaks out the rear tires. I am contemplating a fuel distributor swap or some additional engine work to produce a few more ponies, but I don't want to stray too far from stock.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:18 AM
Sameer
Race Car

Anthony,
I already do have the 993 g/**** and handbrake in CF now all I need to get is the CF dash once my dash conversion to the 964 style is done. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:54 AM
jdevil325
AutoX

Default Show

89 Guards w/ Linen. 100% stock. 1,550 Miles.
Attached Images  
Old 10-04-2004, 01:54 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

<gulp>
Old 10-04-2004, 02:45 AM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 443 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFast
Blitz,

Those bumpers were custom made. I will have to look into a cost to see how much it will set you back. I like the look a lot better than what is available. As for the engine, she is putting out around 600 HP at the crank....So much to list, but willing to share if truly interested.
Hiding those original bumpers makes a huge difference. The car looks really great!
Old 10-10-2004, 03:58 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Originally Posted by Sameer
Tim,
Very neat. Which turbo and extractors are you using?

The turbos are large T-3 ball-bearing turbos.The headers were built by me using real merge collectors from Burns stainless.They are 321SS.We used 40mm Tial wastegates, 2.5" 304SS mufflers,we built a custom intake manifold,intercoooler,piping,etc.......
Old 10-10-2004, 04:59 PM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cobalt
The CF dash was installed by the PO. It is the factory exclusive kit which requires replacement of the passenger air bag panel. FVD has a complete kit. You are talking some serious $$ for a cosmetic upgrade but it looks great and really adds something to the interior. These interiors are rather bland compared to the new cars today. I believe the PO paid $4500 US to have it done back in '95. This included the CF shifter and hand brake. I was thinking about doing the hand brake tray and switch surrounds to complete the look but I fear it may be too much.
Anthony,
I have bought the original Porsche Exclusive CF dashboard 'kit' but I am missing the glovebox cover -mine being RHD only has a driver's airbag- and the instrument dial surround. I have also already bought and installed the CF/aluminium gearlever and I am waiting for the handbrake, the tray under it and the and switch surround. If you don't mind, could you please email me some detailed/close up pics of your CF dashboard?

Thanks and best regards

Emilios
Old 10-14-2004, 03:22 PM
NSXTC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got my new wheels.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:41 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Very Nice!!!!