Trackdays MA, NY, NH area

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 08:14 AM
kazmermiki
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trackdays MA, NY, NH area

Hi guys,

I am a 911 owner from Europe and will be in the north east area next week. (964 my daily and SC racecar)

Please help me if there will be any trackdays or porsche events would love to meet other enthusiasts.

On trackdays is there any possibility to rent cars to drive on the tracks?

Thanks and hope to meet many of you.
Cheers,
Miki
Old 07-16-2017, 12:00 PM
Mark Salvetti
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 154 Posts

Northeast and North Country regions of the Porsche Club of America are at Calabogie Motorsports Park in Ontario, Canada on July 18-20.

I don't think there is much else going on in the area, although you could check the websites of the some of the tracks. In New England, you would look at Palmer Motorsports Park, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Lime Rock. Also this website has most events listed:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/calend...ius=300&page=3

On July 21-22 there is an IMSA WeatherTech race at Lime Rock if you want to spectate. You'll see prototypes and GT3 and GT4 cars. http://limerock.com/imsa-grand-prix

I'm not aware of any opportunities to rent a car for any track events.

Mark
Old 07-17-2017, 06:42 AM
realityintrudes
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Salvetti
Northeast and North Country regions of the Porsche Club of America are at Calabogie Motorsports Park in Ontario, Canada on July 18-20.

I don't think there is much else going on in the area, although you could check the websites of the some of the tracks. In New England, you would look at Palmer Motorsports Park, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Lime Rock. Also this website has most events listed:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/calend...ius=300&page=3

Mark
Thank you for supplying him that site! I have been looking for information like this for some time.
Now I just have to find a suitable vehicle. ~28 years has been just too long to work this hard without a 911 to get there and back. I last had a 1973 2.8 liter.
krh
Old 07-17-2017, 03:28 PM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

Double post
Old 07-17-2017, 03:32 PM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by kazmermiki
On trackdays is there any possibility to rent cars to drive on the tracks?
While in Europe it is possible to rent high performance cars to drive at a very few venues (such as the Nurburgring), that is not normal in North America. I've encountered only two situations in which people have rented cars for track driving. 1) If you are a student in a high performance driving or racing course or are taking similar private instruction from a school; 2) very special private arrangements between a licensed racer and a racecar builder with whom they have a longstanding relationship.

There may be other opportunities, but they are very rare.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:54 PM
Conekiller
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out SCDA https://www.scda1.com/

They do a lot of events and usually have spec miatas avaliable for rent you can also rent directly from palmer Motorsports for their events as well
Old 07-17-2017, 05:36 PM
GT3 Jockey
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Try Apexdrivingevents.com they'll be at Lime Rock on August 3rd and you can rent a car from them. If you have access to a car Metro NY PCA is doing a two day event at Lime Rock on July 27th and 28th.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:48 PM
kazmermiki
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the help. Unfortunately I got swamped with work during my travel and I did not make to any of those recommended events and tracks.

At least now I know what to check before my travel so I prep myself accordingly.
Thanks
Miki

Quick Reply: Trackdays MA, NY, NH area