Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Does anyone know this car or dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 07:46 AM
ferrari_cavallino
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Does anyone know this car or dealer?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5716/overview/

Any information on this dealer or this specific car?
Has anyone on this board seen this car?

Thank you

Doug
Old 06-19-2017, 09:45 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by ferrari_cavallino

Thank you

Doug
Yes, quite a few threads about those guys on pelican. Go to the Porsche marketplace discussions forum and search for luxsport.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:35 AM
SCOTITUDE
Pro

Old 07-17-2017, 03:33 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 149 Posts

i've read some of the post on pelican about those guys and some are down right unfair it seems..dealers get destroyed on these forums. If i were you i'd read Yelp reviews and take reviews on forums with a grain of salt...go through each post and make sure the poster actually dealt with the dealer on a car- most of them are from people that just attack the dealer when they have never even shopped there..

worst thread about this particular dealer started off as a good review from someone that bought a car from them, then some other guy that just met the owner at a cars & coffee or something jumps in and destroys the entire guys operation and the troops follow suit!
Old 07-17-2017, 08:23 PM
grgallo
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

I do not know this dealer, but I wonder out loud who wrote the seller's notes? Extremely rare? Porsche made 49,624 911 Carrera models 1984-89. Market analysis from Excellence and Hagerty put the '87-89 coupe at $51,700 to $62,000 for excellent condition cars. excellent means NOTHING WRONG and NOTHING needs to be done. Sure I take Excellence and Hagerty with a grain of pepper and am not sure they are spot on. But $69K ? Whoa! I believe the market for air/oil cooled boys has plateaued. If you proceed get the PPI and if it's perfect, and you still want it and if you are OK with the dealer make a significantly low ball offer.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:03 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Buyers still need to remember that the vast majority of the cars out there were just rich guys consumables and were never up on the pedestal we put them on. Most are trashed. Most need a laundry list of differed maintenance.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:16 PM
sjgreco
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ferrari_cavallino

Thank you

Doug
Yes beware, he tried to sell my 89 coupe to another dealer as his own car when the car was not for sale and in my garage. He was stating condition of paint and even went as far as saying he used a paint meter to confirm the condition. They are in New York the car was in California. There are other stories, check in with Tim Holt Jr of Holt Motors.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:33 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by sjgreco
Yes beware, he tried to sell my 89 coupe to another dealer as his own car when the car was not for sale and in my garage. He was stating condition of paint and even went as far as saying he used a paint meter to confirm the condition. They are in New York the car was in California. There are other stories, check in with Tim Holt Jr of Holt Motors.

Sj are you serious?? thats a pretty slimy move..and i was here kind of defending them..wow. Can you elaborate a bit on the story?
Old 07-18-2017, 10:31 AM
sjgreco
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Sj are you serious?? thats a pretty slimy move..and i was here kind of defending them..wow. Can you elaborate a bit on the story?
Send me an email at sjgreco@msn.com.

Quick Reply: Does anyone know this car or dealer?