Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

list of suspension part suppliers

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 02:04 PM
Trakrat
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default list of suspension part suppliers

I'm looking to do some comparison shopping on suspension parts for my car.... new shocks, bushings, etc...

Can you give me a list of places online I should check out? I basically would need some help determining what I need to buy (I'm not familiar with all the worn out bits that need to be replaced, and would like some place who is familiar with our cars to provide a 'refresh' kit)

These are the only places I'm familiar with...
  1. Elephant Racing
  2. Rebel Racing
Old 05-24-2017, 02:48 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

#1 is all you need

#2 has problems with customer service sometimes

you want to replace all bushings; go to #1's site and peruse their recommendations based on your desired driving performance vs. NVH and WAF

IIRC, SRP is now part of JWE now that JW is DOA

OK?
Old 05-24-2017, 03:52 PM
Trakrat
Advanced

Originally Posted by r911
#1 is all you need

#2 has problems with customer service sometimes

you want to replace all bushings; go to #1's site and peruse their recommendations based on your desired driving performance vs. NVH and WAF

OK?
Have you had personal experience with Elephant Racing?
I like their website with their 'suspension builder' page... but when I tried contacting them with some questions, they aren't very helpful...
I wanted to start with a simple refresh/restoration with the intent of the building up to a Street Track level suspension.
Elephant Racing won't help picking specific parts.. they want you to buy the FULL package or no package at all...

AND... Elephant racing's suspension parts require some welding... not willing to make my suspension upgrade a permanent one.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:00 PM
09mageec
Racer

What year 911 are we talking here?

If you're simply doing a 'refresh/restoration' of suspension, what parts are you looking at that need to be welded??
Old 05-24-2017, 04:16 PM
Trakrat
Advanced

Originally Posted by 09mageec
What year 911 are we talking here?

If you're simply doing a 'refresh/restoration' of suspension, what parts are you looking at that need to be welded??
Elephant Racing requires their U tabs to be welded on for their sway bar which is what I was referring to.
I would like to go to a slightly stiffer suspension setup than completely stock.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:35 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

my personal experiences with Elephant Racing have always been fine
Old 05-24-2017, 07:19 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've bought from Chuck, the owner of Elephant.

I found him to be a very outstanding guy. I've always been happy with his stuff too. The factory rubber bushing replacement is heaven sent.

I'm sure that Clint at Rebel is also great too. Just that I've never talked to them.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:14 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

ERP over these
Old 05-24-2017, 11:36 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

OK?
What do you mean JW is Doa? I spoke to Jerry less than a week ago.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:22 AM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Ooops! My mistake - I meant to write BA

Tell Jerry I'm sorry!
Old 05-25-2017, 12:55 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Trakrat
I'm looking to do some comparison shopping on suspension parts for my car.... new shocks, bushings, etc...

Can you give me a list of places online I should check out? I basically would need some help determining what I need to buy (I'm not familiar with all the worn out bits that need to be replaced, and would like some place who is familiar with our cars to provide a 'refresh' kit)

These are the only places I'm familiar with...
  1. Elephant Racing
  2. Rebel Racing
There are two very different way to "build" a 911. You can go to Chuck and plop down six grand and do it everything all at once....then plop down another six grand and have a mechanic put it all together.... Elephant is far and away the best place to build a complete system....adding and subtracting components on your desktop.....that the Porsche world has to offer.

....or....

You can do what I did and do it yourself over a long period of time and only spend a few hundred bucks a month doing it. I've used Pelican, Elephant, GTRacing, TRE, Rennsport Systems, and Einmalig never spending more than $800 in a single transaction. My wife has never even noticed as it's usually cash or a VISA gift card purchased at Walgreens.

I've gone through each and every system and refreshed and upgraded as needed. If you are contemplating welding front swaybar tabs you are either grossly overpaid and like to burn money, or you are misinformed. Your car has plenty of anti-roll....what you need is stiffer torsion bars. Sure install new bushings on your sways and make sure your rear mounts are upgraded, but please don't throw money at sways until you are way way way deeper into the build.

Speaking of Tbars most guys will go to 21/28 as a first step. New rubber bushings from Elephant only, Lemforder turbo tie rods, Bilstein Sports, rack spacer....even this can be broken down into smaller steps like just doing the front one month and the back the next. This is where I lecture you on the use of credit cards to play with toys. If you can't cash-flow your toys you should not have them. If you have to use credit, you are in the wrong game.

Anyway, gotta get the kids in bed.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:10 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

As an example of what I mean about sways.....Look at this photo of a strut on my lowly cabriolet..... Notice it's got a stock sway? My anti-roll is original to the car...while almost everything else around it is quite RSR in spec. I've got 930 calipers, floating 930 rotors, twin steering knuckles, Heim joints, 50mm of bump steer adjustability, raised and de-cambered spindles, low-profile wipers, custom valved inserts, Lemforder ball joints, etc.....My next step is coilovers.....not sways...
Attached Images  
Old 05-25-2017, 01:17 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ooops! My mistake - I meant to write BA

Tell Jerry I'm sorry!
I sort of doubt anyone else knows what you guys are talking about.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:05 AM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

I thought I used enough abbreviations to confuse everybody but confused myself.

The initials are for some of the famed old guard of Porschedom, Bruce Anderson (RIP) & Jerry Woods.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:09 AM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

and here is an old ad from SRP...
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: list of suspension part suppliers