Old 11-17-2003, 09:57 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Check this fruitcake out....

WARNING: 110Mb video.

Wouldn't you just Luv to have the ***** to do this

http://analogue.net/carpron/911_Stockholm_Getaway.mpeg

Last edited by Scouser; 11-17-2003 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:18 AM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Clearly intimidated, my testes have shriveled to the size of marbles and are hiding behind my *******. What, too much detail? Great video, something I'm sure we've all dreamed about at one time.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:19 AM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hiding BEHIND my *******?! What the hell am I saying?
Old 11-18-2003, 12:07 PM
MRFLATSIX
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

110mb takes a loooong time to load, but was fun. thanks
Old 11-18-2003, 01:49 PM
Jaws911
Pro

I think this is the one i just downloaded from Pelican - sorry, I didn't enjoy it - actually it made me sick the more i watched it - waiting for some drunk to stumble out in the street, or, as occasionaly happens to me, the dog waking you up in the middle of the night to be walked for relief.
I guess i'm showing my age (55), but i would just share w/ you a slide I use when lecturing: it says "good results come from experience"... & the next one says: "& experience comes from bad results"
Age & experience do teach us that recklessness, sooner or later, will absolutely lead to consequences... & here they could be devastating.

sorry for the 'downer', but that's my take....
Old 11-18-2003, 02:24 PM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Jaws911 you are absolutely right.
This guy is not clever, he's totally irresponsible. The guy has no regard
for the lives of others. Clearly he is a danger to himself and others.

I have since watched other movies produced by this mob and this one is the meakest of them all! I just watched one of a guy doing 250km through rush hour on the Paris circular on a motorbike. It was that bad I couldn't watch it all!

Anyway, sorry if I gave out the wrong impression. I certainly don't agree with this sort of thing and it's not a good advert for us Pcar drivers.

But you gotta give it to this fruitcake. He's got *****.

Incidentally, I am not much younger than yourself ;-)
Old 11-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any chance the film has been sped up? At about the halfway point, there is a spotlight/searchlight kind of thing on top of a tower in the distance. It is spinning around extremely quickly -- far faster than any similar thing I've seen in the real world. Makes me wonder if it's staged and not quite real.

BTW, I've heard a rumor that the nutcase on the bike in the Paris film tried to break his own record the following year -- and died trying. Does anyone know if it's true?
Old 11-18-2003, 06:09 PM
spyderman
Instructor

Default cool

That was awesome. I have got to get a video camera in my car. of course, city driving isnt my thing. Id rather see one on a windy country road late at night. have you got any more of these?
Old 11-18-2003, 09:17 PM
Sailswish
Instructor

Yes, someone in Stockholm has to reply with info. on the rotation speed of that warning light on top of that tower. It was spinning way too fast. Sound could easily been dubbed.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:23 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

It's a radio tower and yes the light does spin that fast. Apparently there's been a lot of debate about this movie....whether it was staged or not. For instance the police car pull over looks a bit weak. But I think it is reall.
If it ain't it's still a brilliant movie.

Here's another. This isn't a Pcar but I ask you. Would you attempt this
and especially would you attempt it in anything else BUT a 911? Another
fruitcake ! (66Mb)

http://www.t16.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~sosne...ClimbDance.mpg

This next one is absolutely insane. I mean it is total insanity! (56Mb)

http://joebar.linuxfr.org/peripheriq...ipherique.mpeg

There's more...
Old 11-19-2003, 07:52 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you not think that it was a little convenient that the Porsche was bristling with cameras when that "police" car pulled them over. I think it was staged.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:58 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

As I said there has been a lot of debate About it.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:07 AM
Jens
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Take it for what it was intended to be; a good bit of entertainment. City streets are something I avoid driving unless it's an emergency or something, but up here in Northern Vermont, that's another story alltogether. The usual "don't try this at home young fellas and dolls" caution is not lost on me and I'm pretty spooked by the driving some young folks do in their Fast and Furious little cars.

I'm not all that young either, I started turning wrenches on Mini Coopers in 1963, but if you think *that* was unnerving then you really don't want to ride shotgun with me through my favorite mountain passes. Twisty, turny, switchback roads with huge elevation changes and barely a driveway or house along the way. Deer and moose are the only real risks of collision (you don't want to hit either in a 911), unless you go off the road into a cliff face or a river chasm!

Drive safe, well relatively safe. ;o)

Jens
Attached Images  
Old 11-20-2003, 12:40 AM
Jens
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Take it for what it was intended to be; a good bit of entertainment. City streets are something I avoid driving unless it's an emergency or something, but up here in Northern Vermont, that's another story alltogether. The usual "don't try this at home young fellas and dolls" caution is not lost on me and I'm pretty spooked by the driving some young folks do in their Fast and Furious little cars.

I'm not all that young either, I started turning wrenches on Mini Coopers in 1963, but if you think *that* was unnerving then you really don't want to ride shotgun with me through my favorite mountain passes. Twisty, turny, switchback roads with huge elevation changes and barely a driveway or house along the way. Deer and moose are the only real risks of collision (you don't want to hit either in a 911), unless you go off the road into a cliff face or a river chasm!

Drive safely, well relatively safely. ;o)

Jens
Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2003, 10:33 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 13 Posts

If they only endanger themselves then that is fine. But the minute they are risking innocent bystanders with their stupidity....that is when things get disturbing.

Quick Reply: Check this fruitcake out....