Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

carrera rust and suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 03:16 AM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The poly bushings have a seal over the nipple that must be removed prior to using a grease gun. Where does the dirt come from, and how dirty is your garage?

I still think OP should call chuck and discuss his needs before taking advice of the interwebs randoms. People are recommending you do this and that without fully vetting the use case. Remember, prescription without examination is malpractice. The phone call is free. A mistake is not.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:40 AM
bavareze
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdiablo
The poly bushings have a seal over the nipple that must be removed prior to using a grease gun. Where does the dirt come from, and how dirty is your garage?

I still think OP should call chuck and discuss his needs before taking advice of the interwebs randoms. People are recommending you do this and that without fully vetting the use case. Remember, prescription without examination is malpractice. The phone call is free. A mistake is not.
who is chuck and how can I reach him?

I just need the car to be almost stock, I think it was built pretty smart and I drive aggressive usually but I'm not looking for radical improvements over base condition.

my garage is pretty clean. I mean, there is a cat I'm trying to get rid of and probably some mice, insects and germs but what difference does it make?
Old 02-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Mark Salvetti
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 197 Likes on 155 Posts

Chuck Moreland, president of Elephant Racing. All the references to Chuck and "ER" in this thread are Elephant Racing, the primary supplier of replacement suspension bushings.

They can put together a total suspension package for you, including torsion bars, shocks, and sways.

You've also had a response from Steve Weiner of Rennsport Systems. Steve has been providing his advice here on Rennlist for years, and he can also help you decide on the best way to modify your suspension to meet your goals, and provide the parts. You can't go wrong with Steve either.

Mark

Quick Reply: carrera rust and suspension question