Old 11-26-2016, 06:25 AM
ChrisPap
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/c reinstall help

Hello.

I'm new in rennlist .

Before two weeks I bought a Porsche 911 g series 1974

I have a problem with the a/c hoses, pass through the right side sill panel. I think the a/c is not factory installed because the hoses it is evident.

Does anyone knows the the factory location and the long of hoses? From which is their passage?
What am I supposed to change and replace?
Please help!

Sorry for my terrible english.
Attached Images   
Old 11-26-2016, 09:07 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yikes. The fan assembly in the smugler's box looks right, but the lines and the dryer hanging there don't. On my '88 the dryer was mounted behind the driver's side front tire.

I'd contact Griffith if I were you. He's a total stud and contributor here.

https://griffiths.com/porsche/air-conditioning/911-930/

and Welcome.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:10 AM
ChrisPap
3rd Gear

Thank you very much my friend for information!
Old 12-02-2016, 09:10 PM
hangar21
7th Gear

Thumbs up

Chris,
I replaced my entire system (87) from Retro Air & I am very happy with the results! But I agree with Amber, Lots of great A/C folks to work with. I also agree that my dryer is in driver side front wheel well.
I took lots of pix & took copious notes. It's a lot of work, but I couldn't drive the car in the Texas heat. Good luck!
Terry
Old 12-04-2016, 04:05 AM
ChrisPap
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by hangar21
Chris,
I replaced my entire system (87) from Retro Air & I am very happy with the results! But I agree with Amber, Lots of great A/C folks to work with. I also agree that my dryer is in driver side front wheel well.
I took lots of pix & took copious notes. It's a lot of work, but I couldn't drive the car in the Texas heat. Good luck!
Terry
Thank you Terry, I will start the procedure to replace the dryer and the hoses. I am searching to found photos and from where hoses can pass.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:35 PM
rstarga
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

only the return hose should go up the passenger side. The high pressure hose should go up the drivers side to the receiver drier, then to the evaporator. it comes from underneath into the smugglers box.
Attached Images   
Old 12-09-2016, 04:03 PM
griffiths
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Chris,

Appears you have a VPC Coooool system. So your receiver drier will be in your RH front fender, and there will be a few other differences compared to a Behr brand factory system.

The 2 hoses in your first picture, are probably reard deck lid condenser outlet, the smaller diameter hose (on a single condenser system) up to the drier. And the larger diameter hose would be your evaporator outlet back to the compressor. Usually, on the VPC systems, both of these hoses are attached on the underside of the car on the RH side and held under the tub with clamps.

If you need more help feel free to send a PM or email.

Best Regards,
Griff

Quick Reply: A/c reinstall help