Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Washers would be nice

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 06:00 PM
BYUengineer
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washers would be nice

I just recently bought my first Porsche and the previous owner pulled the washer reservoir in order to make room for a full sized battery. Does anyone know where I could find a replacement reservoir?

There are some other interesting things missing from the car as well, like the Air conditioning compressor, and does anyone have a manual on how to work the heater, I've counted six ***** and/or levers that lead into it, and only half of them are labeled.

I need all the help I can get, I knew nothing about porsches a month ago, but I'm already hopelessly in love with them, and learning a lot every day hanging out here at the forum.

Thanks
BYUengineer
Old 10-21-2003, 07:34 PM
purrybonker
Pro

Go on eBay and find yourself an owner's manual and/or Bentley manual for your year of car. They are just about all available from time-to-time on eBay. You'll also find that you can buy many parts for your car used/new on eBay, as well.

In addition to eBay, the Pelican Porsche Forum and Pelican Parts are excellent and very popular sources for information and new parts, respectively. Just do a Google search on these, and you'll find them.

Good luck!
Old 10-22-2003, 04:27 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What year is your car?
Old 10-23-2003, 01:38 PM
BYUengineer
Track Day

Thanks for the parts tips, my car is a 73 911t and it passed safety and emissions yesterday )
Old 10-23-2003, 03:52 PM
delhi
Racer

hello,
there's a beautiful white 86 3.2 for sale in my area. Although I'm looking for 964s, but this one is one of the better 3.2s. What I like to know is for an 86 model, what should I look out for? I think this doesn't come with the g50 tranny right? if not, is it possible to fit a g50 in down the road?

thanks
Old 10-23-2003, 03:53 PM
delhi
Racer

crap! I should post new topic instead of reply! please delete this reply.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:08 PM
BartB
Intermediate

BYU,
I wen't through the exact same thing last spring. I finally found a used resevoir and pump on E-Bay. Be patient, they only come up every so aften and some of them are pricey. Another good resource is Parts Obsolete. They have a very useful diagram on their website that shows all of the washer parts and connections and they sell all of the individual pieces.
BTW, Bentley doesn't produce manuals for any of the 60's or 70's cars
Bart
Old 10-24-2003, 04:20 PM
jet911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BYU,
Good to see someone from my neck of the woods on the board. A couple of suggestions: Check with Clarks. They are located in Provo and deal almost exclusively with Porsche and are a very highly recommended shop by many of the PCA members in SLC. Many take their P-cars from SLC down to Clarks for work. They may have one kicking around or can point you somewhere local.

Second, you may want to check with Parts Heaven in Cal. Their number is 800-767-7250. They have a very large selection of used parts. They've helped me out with some hard to find parts in the past, are honest and good to work with.

Congrats on the P-Car. It's a blast cruising up Provo Canyon, over Alpine loop and back down American Fork Canyon.

Also, in a couple of weeks when the Utes and BYU play, hopefully it won't be too painful for you guys :-) (Go Utes - had to throw that in there!)

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Washers would be nice