Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Wheel Dynamics Bad Company. Bad customer service. Very bad products. I purchased

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 11:52 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rhart
Sorry guys but after 49 years of doing Porsches including owning an indie Porsche shop I've never had to to use measuring devices to install wheels on 200 some odd Porsche cars ranging from 60 years old to a few hours old. I'm not going to start using dial calipers or grinders now.
Thank you for finally getting to the truth. Can we get the name of your business? Any chance we are talking about European Collectibles?
Old 07-11-2016, 12:10 PM
myflat6
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
You're in business for 16 years, do the right thing, take the wheels back and send a new set. Is this kind of publicity worth it to you? If the wheels are fine, resell them as take offs, if not fix them or trash them. Who knows, buyer could be totally off and clueless, he might be an a-hole, he might have no clue, but as a business owner, its not worth it.
This!
Old 07-11-2016, 01:47 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
You're in business for 16 years, do the right thing, take the wheels back and send a new set. Is this kind of publicity worth it to you? If the wheels are fine, resell them as take offs, if not fix them or trash them. Who knows, buyer could be totally off and clueless, he might be an a-hole, he might have no clue, but as a business owner, its not worth it.
We offered just that, we told him as a vendor that being in business as long as he has that he knows the drill.. We offered for him to swap out the wheels and he then proceeded to tell us about how he bills $145/hr and that he has wasted 3 hours so far and $100 mounting the tires and we would owe him.

As I said he was not acting like a reasonable person (retailer or vendor) he was acting like a 4-year old who had dropped his lolly pop on the floor.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
We offered just that, we told him as a vendor that being in business as long as he has that he knows the drill.. We offered for him to swap out the wheels and he then proceeded to tell us about how he bills $145/hr and that he has wasted 3 hours so far and $100 mounting the tires and we would owe him.

As I said he was not acting like a reasonable person (retailer or vendor) he was acting like a 4-year old who had dropped his lolly pop on the floor.
So what was the bottom line? What went wrong? Why didn't they fit? I know you don't have your hands on them, but what do you think it was? It's time to just lay it all out there.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:32 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Never mind....Google solved the puzzle.

http://californiaporsches.com/ AKA: Rick Hartbrodt

Costa Mesa is littered with Porsche resalers. Heck, I found my car through a broker in Costa Mesa. I basically had to visit all of them a decade ago when I was looking for my car.

Speaking of California Porsche, I once did a PPI for a buyer out of San Francisco. (California Porsche is located almost directly across the street from European Collectables so I saw the address and knew exactly where I was going.) The car was a white 3,2 coupe that was represented as a clean and original example. I remember that the headliner had large rips, the driver's seat was shot, and one of the front fenders (driver's side) was not original to the car. What I found under the rear deck lid was astounding. There were sections of steel strapping that had been poorly welded into place to cover the holes from an aftermarket whale tail that had been removed. On the outside it looked fine, but on the inside it was the poorest excuse for a patch job that I've ever seen. Instead of simply welding the holes shut and doing a bit of bondo and paint they butchered the poor thing. Seller hadn't disclosed any of this to the buyer. I even remember Rick realizing I wasn't a buyer and asking me how much I was getting paid for the PPI. He was furious when I assured him I wasn't getting paid and he marched off and didn't say goodbye.

I'll try to find the tread.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Guys let's make this easy....

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT, WHAT I'LL DO SOMETIME TODAY, TIME-PERMITTING. This is as solid as I can get it to be...

I'LL FILM THE OPENING OF A NEW 808-SERIES WHEEL (right out of the box, brand new, UN-touched), ON CAMERA, I'LL ALSO FILM THE INSTALLATION OF THAT WHEEL.

They say a picture is worth a THOUSAND WORDS right?

Well a video must be worth at least twice that amount...

DEAL?

Last edited by Wheel Dynamics; 07-11-2016 at 02:35 PM. Reason: added an "s" to a to form "as" in my second sentence
Old 07-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
Guys let's make this easy....

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT, WHAT I'LL DO SOMETIME TODAY, TIME-PERMITTING. This is as solid as I can get it to be...

I'LL FILM THE OPENING OF A NEW 808-SERIES WHEEL (right out of the box, brand new, UN-touched), ON CAMERA, I'LL ALSO FILM THE INSTALLATION OF THAT WHEEL.

They say a picture is worth a THOUSAND WORDS right?

Well a video must be worth at least twice that amount...

DEAL?
NO NEED in my eyes. I remember the OP like it was yesterday. He's a bad actor. I have personal knowledge of this. You.....smell like a rose.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:07 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

My bad....It was a cab:

Look at the welds on the underside of the rear deck lid. There is steel strapping tacked on.

http://californiaporsches.com/2013/0...82000-miles-2/

Also note where it says "Factory Paint". UM....NO!
Old 07-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Google is serious business:

http://www.porschewheelservices.com/

This thread was a professional hit.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:02 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,112 Likes on 795 Posts

Doug , you are convoluting the issue with drama dude . lets stick to the mater at hand shall we ?

I think videoing putting the wheels on is a great idea and might put others minds at ease even if not the O.P.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Needs to be resolved

Guys,

I have read this thread. 1) Rennlist does not permit vendettas - a complaint yes but a deliberate attempt to harm another Member or business is not.

2) It seems to me that Wheel Dynamics has offered to replace the wheels that don't fit. That sounds like an acceptable solution and resolution.

3) Ideally Wheel Dynamics should visit with replacement wheels and establish why the original set did not fit. If because the hubs themselves are out of spec that fact needs to be shown here. If the wheels are out of spec, replace them. Stuff happens and perhaps this is one of the rare cases.

Gentelmen, please take a deep breath and resolve this dispute.

Regards,
Old 07-11-2016, 04:26 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by theiceman
Doug , you are convoluting the issue with drama dude . lets stick to the mater at hand shall we ?

I think videoing putting the wheels on is a great idea and might put others minds at ease even if not the O.P.

Clive, with all due respect, I am downplaying the drama. The OP is on the internet trashing a site sponsor over a set of wheels that "didn't fit"..... Turns out that OP is not only in the business of selling Porsches, but is also in the wheel business.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:38 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Guys,

I have read this thread. 1) Rennlist does not permit vendettas - a complaint yes but a deliberate attempt to harm another Member or business is not.

2) It seems to me that Wheel Dynamics has offered to replace the wheels that don't fit. That sounds like an acceptable solution and resolution.

3) Ideally Wheel Dynamics should visit with replacement wheels and establish why the original set did not fit. If because the hubs themselves are out of spec that fact needs to be shown here. If the wheels are out of spec, replace them. Stuff happens and perhaps this is one of the rare cases.

Gentelmen, please take a deep breath and resolve this dispute.

Regards,
Agreed, we have taken this a step further by offering the OP to not only swap the wheels but we would even install them for him.

All of our equipment is on the PORSCHE DEALERSHIP authorized use list.

If there are any excuses regarding our installation I can arrange to have out Porsche factory trained tech who has worked at Porsche Servicing Porsche cars for a very long time...

We are still going to work on the video, it's a VERY BUSY MONDAY so far however we will do our best to make time to set-up lighting in the service area and video clip things for all to see

Old 07-11-2016, 05:58 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,112 Likes on 795 Posts

that is some very cool equipment.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:24 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by theiceman
that is some very cool equipment.
Thank you sir,

Good news is that I was able to make due and film this little project with no help today.... I had one go-pro and two Cannons shooting, as all angles were covered so show:

1. The opening of not one but two wheels, one Matte Black and one Hyper Silver (just to shake it up a little).

2. I used a 911 with a little bit of rust in the center bore area.

Once the film is put together, remember we have to piece together the best shots from three sides (one ran out of battery mid-way so I had to make due with what I had but it was non-stop so if anyone wants to view the entire film straight through I will hang on to the file for a while.

After speaking to a couple of members on the forums I did remember one other thing that was important point I forgot to mention. The OP did not want the wheels replaced, he only wanted to get a different set, I mean if I purchased something and it didn't fit or there was an error I would want the SAME ITEM replaced.... UNLESS that was the whole reason for this "Doesn't fit story"...

Quick Reply: Wheel Dynamics Bad Company. Bad customer service. Very bad products. I purchased