Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

'87 Targa - new owner, new to Rennlist & looking forward to discussion!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 04:17 PM
Ryanonarcher
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 32 Posts

Tgil - thanks a lot and you are correct, not looking to flip it in a few years. I searched for awhile and made a decision to go with this Targa with it's relatively recent engine rebuild despite the 140k miles on the rest of the car. The interior and paint is all original and for a car that has seen 140,000 miles on the road you would think it had only driven half of that. With the engine rebuild I jumped on it with the confidence that it will be a strong car for awhile to come...

Sarge - certainly looking forward to those 16s...

20C4S - in my opinion, and those that have been around the Porsche world for quite some time and have not been in contact with a Cherry Rot Red color, there appears to be a 'blue' or a warmer hue to the Cherry Rot, not as sharp and neon as the Guards can appear. No knock on the Guards red out there, as there are many beautiful examples, I was quite partial to the uniqueness that the Cherry Rot provides. I can certainly make myself available for a meet up. I am located in south La Jolla.

Last edited by Ryanonarcher; 05-14-2016 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:21 PM
grgallo
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 72 Posts

20C4S, Guards Red is a beautiful color also known as India Red, Cherry Red also known as Carmine is a deeper red and very rare and beautiful as well. everywhere i go with the car i get asked about the color, most folks haven't seen it before, I've been attempting to find out production numbers with no success. the paint code is L80F. here is a picture of my boys side by side to provide a basic view of the difference

Old 05-15-2016, 04:09 AM
20C4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 198 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanonarcher

20C4S - in my opinion, and those that have been around the Porsche world for quite some time and have not been in contact with a Cherry Rot Red color, there appears to be a 'blue' or a warmer hue to the Cherry Rot, not as sharp and neon as the Guards can appear. No knock on the Guards red out there, as there are many beautiful examples, I was quite partial to the uniqueness that the Cherry Rot provides. I can certainly make myself available for a meet up. I am located in south La Jolla.
Ryan,

thanks! that helps. would love to see it in person if time permits. i might be heading down to SD this week i'll PM u my number. thanks again.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:10 AM
20C4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 198 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by grgallo
20C4S, Guards Red is a beautiful color also known as India Red, Cherry Red also known as Carmine is a deeper red and very rare and beautiful as well. everywhere i go with the car i get asked about the color, most folks haven't seen it before, I've been attempting to find out production numbers with no success. the paint code is L80F. here is a picture of my boys side by side to provide a basic view of the difference

thanks grgallo. they both look great. i'm a fan of guards but cheery just adds a little extra twist i see.

Quick Reply: '87 Targa - new owner, new to Rennlist & looking forward to discussion!