Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Stolen 1988 911 in Venice, CA

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 11:48 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

In the meantime, we keep on paying high real estate and other taxes for a LAPD that seems to be spectators in these cases. Pros seem not to worry about them at all. I would hate to be ignored I my profession, but they seem to be good with that. Sorry about another loss. And be careful out there. Yesterday's event was perfect grounds for those criminals imo.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:06 AM
tgil
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Sorry to hear about your car and hope it's returned to you.
My nephew's older Acura Integra was parked in a tight space between two other parked cars, and the other cars were untouched. Unreal how they got his car out of the space with other cars almost touching his front and rear bumper.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:45 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by myflat6
This is very concerning. I was at the event and did see someone take a picture of my plate. I thought it was a bit weird but the plate is custom so didn't think much about it since I thought he might have found it creative. Not good.
At least I'm not the only crazy if you saw it too. This is going to haunt me.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:39 AM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts
Default damn it!

having 2 cars boosted (non p-car) i know the feeling.

how i wish someone would catch one of these despicable f's in the act, leave them paralyzed and then wait for them to get adjusted to life being handicapped, and then steal the piece of ****'s wheel chair. truly, i do.

so sorry to hear about this. our get together's are fertile ground for these trolling bastards to run reconnaissance.

i hope they find it, like they did that 3.8 in belgium.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:51 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYT993
having 2 cars boosted (non p-car) i know the feeling.

how i wish someone would catch one of these despicable f's in the act, leave them paralyzed and then wait for them to get adjusted to life being handicapped, and then steal the piece of ****'s wheel chair. truly, i do.

so sorry to hear about this. our get together's are fertile ground for these trolling bastards to run reconnaissance.

i hope they find it, like they did that 3.8 in belgium.
unfortunately catching these professionals in the act might end up with you in the wheelchair, or worse. These guys live in the criminal element.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:07 PM
168glhs1986
Rennlist Member

Received 1,441 Likes on 694 Posts

Good luck finding my car if somehow you happen to find the address where the car is registered.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:53 PM
badabing
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 911F1
This is disturbing since I was at the show yesterday. All this dude needs is a buddy at the dmv and he has our address.
Or a buddy who's a cop, works in insurance, works for one of those dmv services company...

More than a few avenues to access dmv databases.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:55 PM
pcar
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to read this...My perfect 89 targa (white) stolen about 12 years ago in Venice. What I have learned is that most cars are taken with a Tow Truck and can be gone in seconds... unfortunately the Westside of L.A. is a hot bed of aircooled theft
Old 04-12-2016, 06:49 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by pcar
Sorry to read this...My perfect 89 targa (white) stolen about 12 years ago in Venice. What I have learned is that most cars are taken with a Tow Truck and can be gone in seconds... unfortunately the Westside of L.A. is a hot bed of aircooled theft
Westside, when we ride, come equipped with game
Old 04-12-2016, 08:49 PM
Lahainabry
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badabing
Or a buddy who's a cop, works in insurance, works for one of those dmv services company...

Yes, I wouldn't put anything past the Leo's these days.
Sorry to hear about your loss, I hope it works out for you.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:38 AM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

It seems here that registering your car at an office address or other address where you have access to mail would be a good idea.

I wonder if PO boxes work?
Old 04-13-2016, 01:23 PM
rfloz
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cupcar
It seems here that registering your car at an office address or other address where you have access to mail would be a good idea.

I wonder if PO boxes work?
Yes, they do. And, if the (private) P.O. Box place does not have the address where the car is garaged on file, so much the better.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:49 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

UPS Stores offer PO boxes and they will notify when mail arrives to the box. I am not sure if they need your address or not to obtain one.

https://www.theupsstore.com/mailboxe...onal-mailboxes
Old 04-13-2016, 07:33 PM
Nine17
Rennlist Member

I saw some a-hole photographing the hang-tag on my car at Lüftgekühlt. Thought at the time that it was just some anorak car-spotting. Plate will come back "Blocked/Law Enforcement" and I've got the CHP Auto Theft Task Force on my speed-dial.

This is a sad development. A few years ago these were just smelly old cars. Then the dollar took a tumble and the Europeans started snapping them up and driving the prices through the roof. They're easily VIN-switched, and the "free trade" and "open borders" nonsense of globalization makes them a more lucrative crime than a bank heist. There are now many places I won't leave mine; I paid big bucks for secure self-parking in L.A. and still checked on it during the night...

-- David

Edit: No affiliation, but if you're a victim in L.A. County, the Taskforce for Regional Autotheft Prevention (TRAP) can be reached at (626) 572-5610. You MAY get a better response than you would from some over-worked beat cop...

Last edited by Nine17; 04-13-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:31 AM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by badabing

With the widespread use of mobile HALPR units enforcement use to track every car on the road--- license plate readers ( to say nothing about cameras photo imaging every plate which passes mile marker checkpoints ), how is there not an element already not employing 'hacking software' to gain access, with some dirtbag sitting on his cheeto strewn sofa in his wife beater t and last weeks change of underwear, scoping any plate he finds interesting and feeding that info on for pennies on the dollar......ala the credit card number scammers selling stolen numbers overseas and bleeding our accounts dry.( anyone interested in hearing about the 900 dollar NIKEs some guy charged to my eBay account ? > they tracked him to Uzbekistan ).

It wasn't long ago and we were using our social security numbers with abandon, from handing over personal id to those who requested it, to the very driver's licenses issued by our state we claim to reside in.

It's only gonna get worse. And we all know it deep down inside.

Quick Reply: Stolen 1988 911 in Venice, CA