Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Seat coloration

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 10:30 PM
Aussiejohn
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat coloration

So Hi, I'm new here. Proud (usually) father of a 1986 Targa. I notice some areas at edges of black leather seats are worn, at least from a color perspective. Good gloss, but some black areas worn a bit to copper.

Is there a reasonable way to obscure this wear while I concentrate on mechanical issues? Yes I'm dumb enough to think of answers like shoe polish lol.

But seriously, for a not real technically gifted owner, can I do something here?
Old 03-13-2016, 07:43 PM
n8kruger
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Try colorplus.com
Colorpls@ptd.net

I bought the softener, cleaner, and surflex colorant A few years ago when they were at Hershey. I touched up the black seats in my 1986 Targa with it last summer. It works really well and is nearly imperceptible. If you wanted to be really concours correct you could airbrush on the color.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:55 AM
DoninDen
Three Wheelin'

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by n8kruger
Try colorplus.com
Colorpls@ptd.net

I bought the softener, cleaner, and surflex colorant A few years ago when they were at Hershey. I touched up the black seats in my 1986 Targa with it last summer. It works really well and is nearly imperceptible. If you wanted to be really concours correct you could airbrush on the color.
Yep, tell Joanne we sent you from Rennlist. She's great and will let you know what you need and how much.

Congratulations and post some pics!

Quick Reply: Seat coloration