Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Advice Please: 911 "Outlaw" vs. Stock 911

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 10:52 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Also no air box and filter or hose clamps on the manifold boot. I was in the middle of something when I snapped the picture and as I said then, it isn't nearly as bright in person. Doesn't look like I've got the shims tight in the fan pulley either.
Just having a little fun. After your post about how OCD you are about every little bolt it was too ripe to resist. I'm sure your car is gorgeous in person. Maybe I can see it in April when I come out for the POC Tribute to Lemans race. I always stay at the Best Western in Rancho, so I'll be near you.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:03 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
Just having a little fun. After your post about how OCD you are about every little bolt it was too ripe to resist. I'm sure your car is gorgeous in person. Maybe I can see it in April when I come out for the POC Tribute to Lemans race. I always stay at the Best Western in Rancho, so I'll be near you.
https://porscheclubracing.org/wp-con...rev-111815.pdf

Cool deal. Any chance you are talking about the California Festival of Speed? I did a few laps on their autocross course last year and had my instructor all excited about the capability of my lowly cab. .....Had just put the brakes on.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:21 AM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by amber lamps
https://porscheclubracing.org/wp-con...rev-111815.pdf

Cool deal. Any chance you are talking about the California Festival of Speed? I did a few laps on their autocross course last year and had my instructor all excited about the capability of my lowly cab. .....Had just put the brakes on.
Crap. I forgot that they moved it over to Willow Spring so that they can run into the night. Much better venue for the event than CalSpeedway. I'm the title sponsor of the Tribute, so I kind of need to attend.

I often go to the Festival too but am not sure it's in the cards this year. There's an IMSA race at Laguna in April as well and I am planning to go there. In race season I really can't travel more than one weekend a month or things get way to hectic in the office.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:54 PM
grgallo
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 70 Posts

further commentary: the stock '87 stays home with me. no outlaw at this time. i bought the '87 in 2013, "cheap" before the the bubble expansion. i never intended to buy the car as an investment, now i find myself thinking this car has gone UP in value, what? in my life of car ownership (50+ years) i can't recall a car going up in value. no wise cracks---i still have my memory! it is interesting to hear however that the G50 is overrated and the engine isn't that good and 107K miles is a lot...
Old 01-21-2016, 07:03 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by grgallo
further commentary: the stock '87 stays home with me. no outlaw at this time. i bought the '87 in 2013, "cheap" before the the bubble expansion. i never intended to buy the car as an investment, now i find myself thinking this car has gone UP in value, what? in my life of car ownership (50+ years) i can't recall a car going up in value. no wise cracks---i still have my memory! it is interesting to hear however that the G50 is overrated and the engine isn't that good and 107K miles is a lot...
You are talking to bitter mechanics that are just jealous of you and your nice car. What they would say if they were being honest with you is that the 915 is no slouch. It's 70# lighter and more tactile. The G50 is just different. With the right oil and LSD additive (if you have one like me ) the G50 is a dream.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:12 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

100k mi is just broken in on a G50 and 3.2.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:11 PM
tgil
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

You are fortunate to buy if before the huge appreciation. Congrats. The beauty is you can rack up mileage and still get a lot for it at least from what you see on most websites and from speaking with other owners of the G50s who now know what they have in the way of super desirable.

Quick Reply: Advice Please: 911 "Outlaw" vs. Stock 911