Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Who Gets Your Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 05:41 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 73911
BTW - When my son got his driver's license I sent him to Skip Barber school at Lime Rock. He still smashed up one of my cars though.
Richard Newton
Originally Posted by theiceman
yeah my son went to Porsche driver training yet still bounced the back end of my car off the guard rail and spun out on the highway .. he could not possibly understand how it happened as he is the worlds greatest driver ..
Your doing it well, just not well enough.

I am a large part of "Street Survival" (Nationwide school for young drivers) and I swear by that for the masses.. But for us types - with our type of cars ~ Get them into a minor racing series, have them earn a competition license, & let them drive a season. NOTHING makes a young driver aware of a car, limits & the surroundings like being surrounded by 25 other like minds on a racing surface.

My Son ended up getting Rookie of the Year at our local club racing sanctioning body in my Spec Miata.

He may still get in an accident someday sure (he has not) but I know he is 1000% better than any other kid out there.

As for who gets my cars when I pass away? I have "selling data" on each one of the fleet in an electronic file / with instructions on how to maximize the sale and enjoy the proceeds.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:48 PM
mausone46
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If that happens, I told my Wife to call our Porsche dealer to pick the two 911 and let them sold for you
my wife do not like noisy cars, my second girl is to little (11) and the first need $$ to pay Sallie mae
Old 01-14-2016, 08:17 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Missouri has an interesting approach. It's called Transfer on Death.

"When you are filling out your Application for Missouri Title and License (Form DOR-108), you can assign a beneficiary by name for the transfer of death. This will allow the vehicle to be transferred to this person without going through probate.

Check the “Transfer on Death" box on the application and fill out the name of the beneficiary. If there is more than one name, the “Tenants in Common" box must also be checked"

Richard Newton
Road Scholars Magazine
Old 01-14-2016, 09:26 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Michael B
Your doing it well, just not well enough. I am a large part of "Street Survival" (Nationwide school for young drivers) and I swear by that for the masses.. But for us types - with our type of cars ~ Get them into a minor racing series, have them earn a competition license, & let them drive a season. NOTHING makes a young driver aware of a car, limits & the surroundings like being surrounded by 25 other like minds on a racing surface. My Son ended up getting Rookie of the Year at our local club racing sanctioning body in my Spec Miata. He may still get in an accident someday sure (he has not) but I know he is 1000% better than any other kid out there. As for who gets my cars when I pass away? I have "selling data" on each one of the fleet in an electronic file / with instructions on how to maximize the sale and enjoy the proceeds.
Agree^

My kids are 5 and 9. They are both drifting quad bikes and driving go karts. The 4.0 is for my daughter and the 996rs will be my sons. I started driving cars at the age of 12. My kids will hopefully do the same. Will likely be in an old Volvo with a stick. Nothing can break those. 😃😃
Old 01-14-2016, 11:11 AM
dave292
Rennlist Member

Received 264 Likes on 117 Posts

In my trust, everything is to be sold and the money distributed per the trust instructions.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:36 PM
Racer

Keep in mind that the federal taxes are generally not the issue. Only 5,400 estates in the US paid the federal estate taxes last year.

It's all the various taxes the states have invented. And the fact every state is different makes it even worse.

Richrd Newton
Old 01-15-2016, 03:04 PM
Antny930
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No one. I'm taking all my cars with me. :-)
Old 01-17-2016, 10:19 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,121 Likes on 1,273 Posts

Mine will go to my wife & son but when I go it will take a long time to sort through the crap. I collect everything from scale model cars to Vacuum tubes and enough tools to start a few small businesses. Assuming they are still in the garage and I haven't cashed in they get them with the house.

What they do with it is up to them and will no longer be my problem. Hopefully they will be smart about it.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:32 PM
ThatDaveDude
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine are in the name of our trust, so along with all other assets they pass to the next three trusts I have set up, but where she is the Trustee for two of them. So I guess that means she has control over all the cars when I die, or my kids do if we both die. But I have the ability at any time to amend an attachment to my Will that lets me name any individual to get any particular car. Right now, nobody named. So I guess she would just sell them all since my two adult daughters don't like to drive manual transmissions. Garage sale!!!!
Old 01-19-2016, 12:25 AM
RAJU
Advanced

After 19 years still smiling almost every time I drive my 83SC. Thelma & Louise way know the way.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:28 AM
RAJU
Advanced

After 19 years still smiling almost every time I drive my 83SC. Thelma & Louise way know the way.

Quick Reply: Who Gets Your Cars?