Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Heated front screens?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 03:18 PM
rich 36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Heated front screens?

Can anyone here confirm whether or not an SC was ever fitted with both front/rear heated screens
My sparky says no the only car of that age (1982)
was a Ford something, but my car has two position switch on dashboard, and appears to be fused for both screens
Thanks in advance Guys
Old 01-12-2003, 07:19 PM
GMS
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heated front screens were available, in fact we used one in our race car so the defrost could be removed. However they were not available for cars with a windscreen antenna and I don't think they were a factory fit option.

Your heated rear window switch is two position because the rear window has two sets of heating elements..check your owner's manual.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:29 PM
tchanson
Racer

I believe that the heated front windshield was an extra cost 911/930 factory option for a short time from '82 until at least '85, when the windshield antenna replaced the fender mounted aerial. The windshield antenna could not exist with the heated windshield filaments.

A two position switch was used on the rear defroster ****. Turning the **** clockwise would activate the front glass heating. If you indeed still have the original heated windshield, you should be able to see, if you look closely, small wavy filaments in the glass.

Good luck,
Tim
Old 01-13-2003, 04:13 PM
rich 36

Ok, the screen does have wiggly lines across the whole surface, it also has a factory fitted aerial/antenna in the Left wing, (and roof.)
this is a leather interior trimmed german car,
and probably came with all the extras, and with a german handbook. Very frustrating this, thanks guys
Old 01-13-2003, 04:18 PM
rich 36

Ok, this car was an import from Germany so is LHD leather interior probably came with any extras available at the time,
The Front screen has wiggly lines over its entire surface, there is a factory fitted aerial on the left front wing, and a later second fit, maybee a phone on the roof, it was sold to me as having both heated screens, by something of an expert, but being bought in August, i had no need to check untill winter. oh well, all very frustrating
Cheers Guys.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:42 PM
John Brandt
Advanced

be careful with that thing. When a truck threw up a stone and broke mine, it cost $1200 US including airfreight from Newfoundland. It was the only one at the time in the western hemisphere
Old 01-15-2003, 03:13 PM
rich 36

Blimey! you don't want too many stones flying about then. Cheers
Old 01-22-2003, 06:48 AM
Chris79SC
Intermediate

Cool

Very interested in finding a front screen w/heat...Any ideas where I should look?

Quick Reply: Heated front screens?