Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Cashmere Beige, Cool or Ugly?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 02:10 AM
DM
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Cashmere Beige, Cool or Ugly?

In my continued search for an SC or Carrera, I found a '80 SC in Cashmere Beige 1000 miles away. Very clean car from what I have seen. I've never seen one in real life. Of course colors are subjective, BUT...what do you people think of this color? How does it look in "real life"?
Old 09-29-2003, 08:26 AM
timlooney
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

If you like brown, its all good.

Check out the following website for a color chart and code.

http://www.paintscratch.com/

Good Luck
Attached Images  
Old 09-30-2003, 06:53 PM
steve911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tim-
How did you save that page? I'd like to do that for 1985, but can't seem to save it?
Old 10-01-2003, 02:57 AM
geo.aigel
Racer

That color is REALLY bad news, unless you like browns. I could come up with much more descriptive words than cashmere beige, believe me.

If you like the color, go ahead. You should expect to be able to drop the price a bit over a black, silver or guards red car. And I only hope it doesn't have some brown interior to go with it!

George (weinrot metallic)
Old 10-01-2003, 08:25 AM
DM
Rennlist Member

It is a brown interior, and I can't buy that color! OK, I said it and my search must move on. Even though it is in excellent shape, 102K miles, limited slip and sport seats with a perfect interior! And priced at $12,500.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:20 PM
geo.aigel
Racer

DM, I think this may be the color, in real life:

http://www.californiaclassics.com/ca...l.asp?DC=31323

I have seen this car in person when it wasn't cleaned and detailed. Looked horrible. After a good detailing as seen in the pictures, it looks quite okay. I think being a turbo helps a lot. Still, no comparison to the car being a guards red, silver, white or black.

I like tan interiors in black and red exterior cars. Just brown on brown is upsetting.

George
Old 10-02-2003, 09:17 AM
timlooney
Instructor

Hey Steve,

Try doing a "print screen" and then pasting it into MS Paint or some other graphics program. I used Photoshop. It is a handy trick.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:06 PM
ashro1
1st Gear

Question

Just curious, where is the cashmere car located? I live in Orange county New York, and there is a 1980 euro 911 cashmere for sale nearby. I was also torn over the color, but the car was in great condition, inside and out, so I made an offer and the owner turned it down. Looking back Iam glad he did as I ended up buying a 88 Guards Red Carrera.....I love the color!!

That cashmere color is different, takes a lot of getting used to....hate to sound so "shallow" but the color does make a difference
Good luck with your hunt
Ashton
Old 10-07-2003, 11:35 PM
DM
Rennlist Member

Default Texas

It was in Houston. Quality cars of this vintage are hard to find, so it was tough to pass on. That color must be a real pain to sell, even if a guy did get used to it!
Old 10-08-2003, 05:14 AM
Christian K
Racer

I believe the car in the picture is not a Casmiere Beige, it is most definetely a wine red metallic, wich actually is sort of browninsh. I looked at a similar turbo which was up for sale this summer in Sweden:

http://w1.857.telia.com/~u85716508/

I really liked the color.

Christian

1990 C2
ex. 1984 Carrera
Old 10-08-2003, 09:19 AM
SEAN MCMANUS
Instructor

I'd have to say that it looks a bit dated the color that is, if it's the same camel looking color on my 78SC.

Old 10-09-2003, 02:48 AM
geo.aigel
Racer

Originally posted by Christian K
I believe the car in the picture is not a Casmiere Beige, it is most definetely a wine red metallic, wich actually is sort of browninsh. I looked at a similar turbo which was up for sale this summer in Sweden:

http://w1.857.telia.com/~u85716508/

I really liked the color.

Christian

1990 C2
ex. 1984 Carrera
Christian:

You need to click on the link I provided. You are mixing the picture of my car on the left up with the car you will see in the link that I provided in the post. My car is indeed weinrot metallic. To say it is brownish is an understatement. It is very dependant on the light and often cameras and computer screens don't reproduce it well, making it look brown. It has some purple in it, copper, burgandy / maroon and yes brown too. I remember when the color came out, I was fascinated at the time. If I'd had a choice, I'd buy a guards red, but there is more to the cars than just the color. I was going to buy anything but brown.

Cheers, George
Old 10-09-2003, 04:21 AM
Christian K
Racer

George,

I actually looked at the link, but my memory served me wrong. When I compare the car in your link to the one in my link it is clear that they are different. Anyway tastes are different. I have a guards red 964 C2 and if I could chooze I'd rather have a grey or GP white for this particular model. For the impact bumper models, I preffer the darker metallic paints like slate blue or slate grey; guards red would actually be my last choice for a 74-89 car, too common. But as you said, there are a lot more to a car than its paint. BTW. I think the paint on yours is fabolous for a 74-89 car.

cheers

Christian
1990 C2 (Indish Rot)
ex. 1984 Carrera (scieffer blau metallic)
Old 10-10-2003, 12:29 PM
pjc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Always find a brown car in a Porsche car park - they seem to be mostly red (which fades to orange) white (not popular and generally worth less in UK) silver (which looks matt after a while) or black (BLACK - ever tried keeping one away from dust!)

Hey they are all great -whatever happened to viper green, lime green and orange? Those were the days.

PJC

Quick Reply: Cashmere Beige, Cool or Ugly?