Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Rear bumper removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 10:46 PM
george44
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Rear bumper removal

Hi guys, I could use some advice on how to remove the rear bumper. 911 SC Euro model (skinny rubber buffers). I have the Bentley but can't follow. It says remove bellow fasteners, I could not find any; it says remove bumper buffer fasteners and pull off buffers, I could not see any fasteners, on the contrary my impression is that the buffers are secured by nuts inside the bumper and you cannot access said nuts unless you have removed the bumper first. There is a lower valence that is fastened to the bumper with screws, do I have to remove that separately? the side valences, do I have to remove them separately? I was able to unscrew the bumper protective strips and unfasten the 4 securing nuts, that was easy.

The reason I want to pull the rear bumper is to replace the impact absorbers, they are totally collapsed from an older rear end incident. I got spare absorbers and would like to install. Thank you

George
Old 09-09-2015, 11:49 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Take the bumper off the car. This included unbolting the little tiny nuts on the accordions on either side.

I took my bumperettes off once.....once.
Attached Images  
Old 09-10-2015, 08:34 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,144 Likes on 818 Posts

george pm me and if you want come to my place for a look my bumper is on the floor.

shoot me your email and i will send pics
Old 09-10-2015, 10:19 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,144 Likes on 818 Posts
Default Rear bumper removal

The bellows have little studs on them if I remember and go through the body and are held in place with small nuts Look underneath the side of the car where the bellows meets the car.

There should be two nuts

Quick Reply: Rear bumper removal