Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

What does a 3.0 sound like with straight pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 10:20 PM
Dave Inc.
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What does a 3.0 sound like with straight pipes?

Well I just had to know. Stock headers, cat bypass, fabspeed muffler bypass. I figured you all would get a kick out of it.

In no way, shape or form would this be tolerable for daily use. I threw it on for kicks and will take back off after the weekend. Hell, after half an hour my head was starting to ache!

https://youtu.be/Jq59G7wuEHw

Used a GoPro mounted on the decklid underneath the whale tail, works really well.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:55 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts

Dave were you winding it out to redline ? didn't sound like it, although its been a while since i have been in my car ..

also how did you mount the gopro ? suction cup mount and tethered it to something for safety ? i loved the camera angles so was wondering.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:08 AM
Dave Inc.
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I only ran it out to redline a couple of times in that video, once being when I was getting on to the highway. The video caught more bass than mid-to-high, so it sounds a little higher pitched in person.

For the gropro I used a suction cup mount and put it on the decklid underneath the whale tail (late 930 tail). The tail does a really nice job of blocking wind noise so I don't need a separate mic, and I wasn't too concerned about it getting blown off so I didn't use a safety cable.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:01 AM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

They are loud for a daily...it is also the sound of lost mid range torque.....

Quick Reply: What does a 3.0 sound like with straight pipes?