Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Help needed please, deposit down on '88 coupe. Any thoughts most welcome..

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mo-mon
I second Amber's comment. Take clear photos underneath the front passenger side and post them. With the help of the collective wisdom of this board, evaluate the car objectively.

This situation reminds me of the words of Cat Stevens a long time ago-"Take your time, think a lot, think of everything you've got, for you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not."
Ya, there isn't anything wrong with this car that can't be corrected. The gas tank is likely from Restoration Design and simply needs a good coat of high build grey, Wurth undercoat sprayed on the entire thing.

The great thing about these cars is the commonality of the parts.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:50 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

here's my .02, those A arms, looks original (never been taken apart). So, the rubber on the suspension needs to be replaced (front and back?)... These cars rides sloppy at high speed cornering. Front struts looks original... new cartridge?

Calipers have been painted (see the nuts/bolts), any records on being rebuilt?

This looks like rust to me, how does the door sill look? Anyway to lift the carpet up in that area... its a common place for rust.

Why is there undercoating spray on the banana arms, sway bar mount and its surrounding? Kinda sloppy work IMO...

Why new tank? These are $$$... I would look at the front nose inside the trunk and see if there is a new panel or signs of damage.

Check under the batteries, inspect it closely for surface rust, damages etc... common spot for rust.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:28 AM
wedge0
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha ha brilliant, will do!
Old 06-11-2015, 12:35 AM
wedge0
Intermediate

The sills look pristine, although I was unable to remove the flashing so can't be 100% sure about that. Carpet in foot wells was easily removed I saw rust colored water marks of some sort. But, it was dry and the coating on the floor had flaked but no sign of rust. Will try and get more shots asap.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:52 AM
wedge0
Intermediate

Quick Reply: Help needed please, deposit down on '88 coupe. Any thoughts most welcome..