Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Sit on it.....a weighty question

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003 | 04:04 PM
AJAKE7796
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sit on it.....a weighty question

I have 88-89 black leather seats in my '77' Euro 3.0 Carrera. I'm not happy with them as they are not up to standard. The driver side seat bottom has a white mark/streaky stain, to which I won't speculate the cause. The passanger seat is perfect except for a small puncture, mid-back of seat. I know the guy I bought the car from sold the originals, yikes! My longtime Porsche wrench said there was a early Euro coming in this fall for a full race job and the seats would be for sale. Though my car has been rebuilt from stem to stern, it will never be a concours car. This car was built/born to run. I seen talk of Recaro's and my mechanic showed me a three year old set of black Corbeau's, very nice. I believe they are 1/2 the price of Recaro spg's. At 55, tracking a '77' would put me into the 'vintage' catagory. So I guess I want a seat that looks good, and would be comfortable for a trip to the Florida Keys. 5 point Harness is out for now....OH, I almost forgot, I'm a retired Metro Boston Fire District Shift Commander,EMT, Karate instructor for many years, as well as a Vietnam Combat Veteran. Army Aviation 66-68, 'Slicks and Guns'...to all you that are serving now, or served in the past, I Salute you!...... On a more airy note my youngest daughter got married last week. Raising two girls was worse than 'Nam'...but worth every drop of blood...Semper Fi

AJAKE7796

'Illegitimati Non Carborundum'
Old 08-20-2003 | 07:32 PM
RoninLB
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think a 5 point is street legal. and I don't know what would be the best street legal set-up?

Quick Reply: Sit on it.....a weighty question