Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Deck Lid alignment

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 07:49 PM
racngrn
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Deck Lid alignment

Gang, I put the 911 away for winter yesterday and noticed during the last walk around that my deck lid id suddenly out of alignment. I say suddenly because I know it was spot on the day before when I washed the car for storage. The right side lower edge is below the fender and the left side slightly above. The top edge of the lid appears to be fine. Both rubber snubbers are in place and the lid opens correctly from the cable pull. Any ideas as to what may have occurred and what I should look for to get it back to perfect? Hate to spend the winter worrying. Thanks!
Old 11-11-2014, 08:38 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may have a broken rubber snubber. Check to see that it hasn't collapsed. Rubber deteriorates over time. Unscrew them and see if one is bad.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:32 PM
racngrn
Racer

Thanks. That may be it and an easy fix. My right side bumper fell out recently and I actually found it in the engine compartment. Makes me wonder if my attempt to really screw it in well was a mistake. Thanks!
Old 11-14-2014, 12:38 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,139 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by racngrn
Thanks. That may be it and an easy fix. My right side bumper fell out recently and I actually found it in the engine compartment. Makes me wonder if my attempt to really screw it in well was a mistake. Thanks!
if i remember them correctly they are adjustable .. if you screwed it all the way in it is lower .. screw it back out a couple of turns ..
Old 11-14-2014, 08:19 PM
racngrn
Racer

Thanks Iceman. That is correct. I have some new ones coming. I am suspicious that when mine fell out, it may have actually broken in two - hence the possibility of getting screwed back in and being way to short to align. Should be able to get to the car in the next week or two to verify. Already miss it to no end, but woke up to a few inches of snow this am. Already down to 28 and falling. Hate it....

Quick Reply: Deck Lid alignment