Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

New to me 1972 911

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 10:10 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,154 Likes on 827 Posts

just my opinion .. but what i would do ...

remove front end and front fenders, toss and replace with original pieces, or maybe even sc front fenders if they will fit, ip off side skirts and replace with regular rocker covers.. the back and ripp off and replace with stock ...

the expensive piece will be the rear quarters as they are not bolt on but welded/ fibergalssed in place. if you could havee some Sc flares welded on and that might do it at a reasonable cost.

as mentioned i wouldn't go with a ful on conversion back to long hood as it will really skyrocket the bill.

I dont know if all that would work but might give you a decent driver at a reasonable price, and you can sell all that hideous crap you tok off to the Gambella estate
Old 09-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps
You don't need to buy parts from Stoddard because you know going in this is not going to be an $80,000 concourse restoration. It's going to be a simple driver quality car when you are done. I could find all the parts with a single phone call to a friend. I kid you not. All fenders in steel. Long hoods galore..... PM me if you are interested.
No kidding.

This could be quite fun and rewarding. Depending on what body ends up being like, and how much gets farmed out-this could be $20-30K to make it a decent car. Of course, I know all too well, the motor is the big money pit if one goes too far....but, golf ain't cheap either, and you end up with a car at the end, and not a tattered scorecard.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:05 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps
You don't need to buy parts from Stoddard because you know going in this is not going to be an $80,000 concourse restoration. It's going to be a simple driver quality car when you are done. I could find all the parts with a single phone call to a friend. I kid you not. All fenders in steel. Long hoods galore..... PM me if you are interested.
What is the fitment like of Stoddard panels compared to alternative panels? (Just Curious..)

Quick Reply: New to me 1972 911