Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

3.2 IAC valve

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 11:21 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,118 Likes on 800 Posts

OP i have been lurking this thread for a bit. I do see where Ed is coming from as you need to fix the original problem , not try to redesign it. You havent found the route cause . It also irks some people ( no one in particular) that are irritated by us DIY guys, as they say people do shoddy work when they try to fix ther own cars, put makeshift parts in and are not profesionals, so we try to keep our reputation up by doing things right....

Now on to your problem

From what you are saying the idle hangs up ? Lets start over .. if the idle is hung up can you not simply jump out , pop the engine lid and make sure the linkage isnt hanging it up ?

I dont know the 3.2 very well but it sounds to me like you need to start with the basics.

have you rebuilt your pedal bushings? its a very doable DIY project and bushing kits ae available cheap, that should literally straighten out your throtle linkage at the pedal end.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:29 PM
HorstP
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Not really correct. There is no pedal bushing on the throttle. Pedal is a single piece plastic.

I would test the micro switch again. Disconnect at idle and check if the idle behaves similar to what the OP is experiencing.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:04 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by HorstP
Not really correct. There is no pedal bushing on the throttle. Pedal is a single piece plastic.

I would test the micro switch again. Disconnect at idle and check if the idle behaves similar to what the OP is experiencing.
see below .. is it not like this ?

Last edited by theiceman; 09-29-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:17 PM
HorstP
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Ok, you are of course correct that there are bushings at the various pivot points. I would still think and say that pedal bushings are the ones for clutch and brake. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:54 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by HorstP
Ok, you are of course correct that there are bushings at the various pivot points. I would still think and say that pedal bushings are the ones for clutch and brake. Sorry for the confusion.
If i hadnt been lazy and just posted the pic the first time there would have been no confusion

Quick Reply: 3.2 IAC valve