Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Where's the good stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 01:18 PM
getout
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where's the good stuff?

Sorry, this may sound a little harsh, but where's the good stuff? I want to see pictures of suspensions, engine rebuilds, new ideas, new projects, all kinds of great porsche customs. Where is it all? Is there another page with all the mods on it, or is this it? I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, just want to see the crazy new stuff people do with their 911s so I can get some ideas. Just wondering.

Thanks,
Sterling
Old 08-04-2003, 03:26 AM
geo.aigel
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sterling:

The reason you don't see any crazy mods and customs on this 'average' 911 board is that these cars are quite refined the way they come from the factory. This isn't like your run off the mill V8 american car that was built for a wide audience for an affordable price. There you can get far with a different carb, cam and some ported heads that go into large exhaust. 3k can get you 50% power increase easy.

I have sobered up to the fact, that -unless you are ready to spend 10s of thousands- there isn't much to improve, for example on the 911 engines. On my SC, unless you start to take it all apart, only the exhaust seems to be a place to improve, not an option if you want to keep it on the street in CA.

Cheers, George "lots of good stuff, all stock!"
Old 08-04-2003, 03:45 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Check out 996 TT board. Pretty wild modifications going on over there. I am impressed anyway. Too bad I lease my TT so it is going to stay "boring."
Old 08-04-2003, 03:59 AM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out the board at pelicanparts.com. they are more geared to the pre-964 911's and there are many gearheads there.

Quick Reply: Where's the good stuff?