Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

959 "Prototype" at RM Monaco Auction?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 11:45 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 959 "Prototype" at RM Monaco Auction?

Due to the lack of 'Proper' forum space, I'm posting this thread here because of topic.

Supposedly this 959 is a Prototype and it is being offered in Monaco where it will give the owner the greatest potential for profit. Since it is in Europe it is more than likely a Euro model; they offer very little in the form of information. Being offered in Monaco I imagine the "Big Bats" will be swinging at this one, like at Pebble Beach for instance.

On the website they wrote check back so the listing is yet not complete.

The big question is what will RM Value this car selling for? Does anyone want to offer any "Guesses" to the value of the car. I'm just going to say that the Auctioneer will try to open the Bidding at €500K and I could see the car going up into Seven Figures - depending on who wants the car the most and where the Reserve is set.

Before this I never knew of the approximate 10 Prototype examples and the fact that Porsche would actually sell-off any products that are considered to be "Prototypes". As we all know Porsche tries it's darndest to keep tight controls on quality and reliability and it's strange to me that they would let this horsie out of their Stables.

Quick Reply: 959 "Prototype" at RM Monaco Auction?