I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ouch!
Old 03-14-2014, 02:40 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 233 Posts

Repair/replacement complete. Replaced all and the turn signal relay and everything works perfectly. There was a bad connector to boot in one of the headlamp buckets causing intermittent operation. All cleaned up and secured.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:06 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 452 Likes on 291 Posts

Thanks, the update is appreciated!

I wish more would follow up here when they find the solution to a problem they posted.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:35 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I replaced the flasher module and that didn't correct my fast blinking. I took out the bulbs that came in the Hella lights (remember mine are "R" lights) and replaced them with 5 watt bulbs and it seem to be the same or perhaps even a bit faster. Next step will be to put in higher watt bulbs. I hope that works and I can tell Loren with a big old smile on my face. I thought all along that the bulb wattage was too low. ....hence my dummy bulb comment.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:41 AM
awhenry
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having just played this game after removing the bumper for another project, my bet is that one of the grounds on the back of the socket is disconnected. The leads are ridiculously short and the ground wires are very difficult to reconnect. It is what I refer to as a "three-handed" job and the hand that reaches behind the reflector had better be very small. I finally cure the problem by making two small extenders of the ground wire that enabled me to pull the reflector further out of the box and make good connections. I will also tell you that the positive wires have to be connected in a particular sequence for it all to work. I had to call in gf to help me get it all back together; first to reach behind the reflector and then to work the various switches as I tested all the connections. It got old quickly getting up and down to turn key, pull switch, walk around car to confirm lights and then try to correct whatever wasnt working after I had turned off the key and switch again. YMMV
Old 03-17-2014, 09:00 PM
geo87
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fast blinker

I dad somewhat the same problem. Replaced the tag light assembly that was crumbling - problem was fixed. Or, it was one of those Porsche electrical gremlins just running around causing nightmares.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:20 AM
STED
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's interesting awhenry. I have the same issue with indicators, but I recently had the rear bumper off and I remember the earth wire from the indicator was hanging loose and I could not see what it was connected to do left it disconnected (along with some other wires which seemed to have been cut off). So when the indicator starting playing up I wondered it this was the issue. Will try to work out where it clamps too and see if that solves the problem.

Quick Reply: Fast Blinking Turn Signal