Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

BEWARE: DO NOT BUY ANY CARS FROM SHERIDAN,WY or BILLINGS,MO

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 02:25 AM
abboushi
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE: DO NOT BUY ANY CARS FROM SHERIDAN,WY or BILLINGS,MO

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE of these conartist, unethical, no moral having men.
The aliases I have so far are,
John, Karl or Mark.

These guys have so many names can't keep up.

Names:
Jon Alekzandr
John smith
Mark Smith
John Smalls

Email:
Porschewyo@yahoo.com
307Epcap@yahoo.com
1964porsche911@gmail.com

Website and company name:
Longhoodranch.blogspot.com
EPCAP (Early Porsche Cars And Parts)

Online handles:
telefunkenu47
Alekzandr
Karl1964
Buffalobill
307epcap
Bundox

Avoid any dealings with anything from
Billings, Montana or Sheridan, Wyoming

I bought a car from John, what he listed as a great winter driver 90' 964 c4. Had awesome communication up until I wired him the money for the car, than I started getting the run around. After multiple calls, emails, text and over 20 days passed I was running out of ideas, by some miracle if God he calls me back and says the car is at a mechanic for a fuel pressure regulator problem and the car is in Utah. So I said go ahead and get the car fixed and than send me an address to get the car picked up, a few weeks go by and nothing.

So again I start calling and emailing back and said just wire my money back and that's it. He than calls me back and says the mechanic hadn't got to the car yet and I can wait for him to fix it or I can take it from the shop as-is and he will just give me a partial refund of $500-1000 to make up for it. I said that's fair so I'll take the car from the shop. He never responds back for 2 more weeks, so I called the bank I wired the money too and told them I believe I got scammed by their member John Smalls. The next day I get an email from the seller and he sends me the mechanics address.

Car gets picked up and shipped than arrives a week later straight to IPB Autosport in Sacramento. IPB goes through the car and it's a non running car that had a FIRE in the engine bay!! Spark plug wires switched, fuel pressure regulator was bad, so were the intake boots, missing clamps, missing heater tube, switched the 964 lights to 70's headlights and duct taped them in place, also switched the wheels from the original picture the list goes on. I paid over $1900 to get the car in RUNNING! I've emailed him multiple times and all I asked was to reimburse me the money I spent to get the car running, that's fair considering everything else that I was getting screwed on.

This guy is a piece if work, has a ton of cars for sale if this 1990 was sold to me as a driver god knows where his bar is set regarding standards. This car had rust bubbles on the body, in the wells, brackets, bolts, coils etc..

Take note from my expensive mistake and DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SHERIDAN, WYOMING OR BILLINGS, MONTANA!

If you got the cars he's selling for free you'd still get ripped off! BEWARE BROTHERS!
I ignored all the signs on the forum and gave him the benefit of the doubt but hindsight is 20/20 that he is a great liar and a horrible business man.

I've made over 100 car deals in my time and THIS guy taught me a lesson. I've never in my life been so misled ever in any dealing, thankfully. It's not about the money more than the principle of the matter.

My goal is to warn our community from this scum, and that he keeps every single roach of a 911 he has.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:47 AM
cal44
Burning Brakes

This is not the first time I have read nightmare stories about these clowns.

One of these days they are going to sell to the wrong guy..................

I think I would have checked in with the D.A in their area for various things such as. how many cars are they selling a year, do they have a resale license, due to the length of time was fraud committed?, are there other complaints?, are they paying capital gains taxes? (a little call to the I.R.S)

Bring down a hellfire storm to the their front door. Or, send someone...............I would
I hate criminals
Old 01-24-2014, 11:41 AM
CW-VIESOCK
Skunk Whisperer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Never trust anyone, not even yourself, when cars or love are involved. Third party PPI is worth far more than what it cost; one of the few real bargains in this world.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:07 PM
oprevot
Advanced

Wow. This is insane, sorry to hear that. Thank you for the info though, I will pass it along. I purchased my last 911 through a dealer without seeing it. I feel very fortunate the guy was honest. After reading your story I feel like I should probably send him flowers.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:58 PM
blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 114 Posts

I thought about doing business with them but most of their cars sounded too good to be true and the price ranges were off, so I passed. We should get a group of guys and go make a visit to their place
Old 01-24-2014, 06:43 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Awesome. Thank you for the hot tip. Always on the lookout for sources.

http://longhoodranch.blogspot.com/

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...p/t-82916.html

Kidding people.

Last edited by Amber Gramps; 01-24-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:12 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 456 Likes on 295 Posts

Here's an article about this guy:

http://jalopnik.com/5614985/huge-por...s-his-porsches
Old 01-24-2014, 08:22 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by Cuda911
Are you suggesting that a Porsche owner could be a nutcase? That never happens.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:40 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

I've heard a great deal about that individual.....he appears to be 'criminally insane'...not just a nut.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:00 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by Reiver
I've heard a great deal about that individual.....he appears to be 'criminally insane'...not just a nut.
The funniest part of the OP's story is that the seller actually produced a car. That seems to be unique to this case.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:37 PM
blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 114 Posts

makes me really want to fly out and make " friends" and see if I can trick him into selling a car.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:47 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by blockhed
makes me really want to fly out and make " friends" and see if I can trick him into selling a car.
Let us know how that works out...and take pictures too.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:46 PM
Edinsf
Instructor

Originally Posted by abboushi
BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE of these conartist, unethical, no moral having men.
The aliases I have so far are,
John, Karl or Mark.

These guys have so many names can't keep up.

Names:
Jon Alekzandr
John smith
Mark Smith
John Smalls

Email:
Porschewyo@yahoo.com
307Epcap@yahoo.com
1964porsche911@gmail.com

Website and company name:
Longhoodranch.blogspot.com
EPCAP (Early Porsche Cars And Parts)

Online handles:
telefunkenu47
Alekzandr
Karl1964
Buffalobill
307epcap
Bundox

Avoid any dealings with anything from
Billings, Montana or Sheridan, Wyoming

I bought a car from John, what he listed as a great winter driver 90' 964 c4. Had awesome communication up until I wired him the money for the car, than I started getting the run around. After multiple calls, emails, text and over 20 days passed I was running out of ideas, by some miracle if God he calls me back and says the car is at a mechanic for a fuel pressure regulator problem and the car is in Utah. So I said go ahead and get the car fixed and than send me an address to get the car picked up, a few weeks go by and nothing.

So again I start calling and emailing back and said just wire my money back and that's it. He than calls me back and says the mechanic hadn't got to the car yet and I can wait for him to fix it or I can take it from the shop as-is and he will just give me a partial refund of $500-1000 to make up for it. I said that's fair so I'll take the car from the shop. He never responds back for 2 more weeks, so I called the bank I wired the money too and told them I believe I got scammed by their member John Smalls. The next day I get an email from the seller and he sends me the mechanics address.

Car gets picked up and shipped than arrives a week later straight to IPB Autosport in Sacramento. IPB goes through the car and it's a non running car that had a FIRE in the engine bay!! Spark plug wires switched, fuel pressure regulator was bad, so were the intake boots, missing clamps, missing heater tube, switched the 964 lights to 70's headlights and duct taped them in place, also switched the wheels from the original picture the list goes on. I paid over $1900 to get the car in RUNNING! I've emailed him multiple times and all I asked was to reimburse me the money I spent to get the car running, that's fair considering everything else that I was getting screwed on.

This guy is a piece if work, has a ton of cars for sale if this 1990 was sold to me as a driver god knows where his bar is set regarding standards. This car had rust bubbles on the body, in the wells, brackets, bolts, coils etc..

Take note from my expensive mistake and DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SHERIDAN, WYOMING OR BILLINGS, MONTANA!

If you got the cars he's selling for free you'd still get ripped off! BEWARE BROTHERS!
I ignored all the signs on the forum and gave him the benefit of the doubt but hindsight is 20/20 that he is a great liar and a horrible business man.

I've made over 100 car deals in my time and THIS guy taught me a lesson. I've never in my life been so misled ever in any dealing, thankfully. It's not about the money more than the principle of the matter.

My goal is to warn our community from this scum, and that he keeps every single roach of a 911 he has.

People have been warned about these scallywags for the last 15 years that I can recall.
You should have researched this before you wired the $.

Sorry for your misfortune.
Old 08-15-2015, 03:22 AM
RJW
1st Gear

Thank goodness for this post. Just dealt with this guy. He is advertising on craigslist. He wouldn't give basic information on a 911e to verify that what he was saying was accurate. He may (or may not) have the coolection he says he has. His phone number checks to Sheridan and the car was in Billings. Maybe i have just been lucky in the past, but every seller i have bought from has been willing to share everthing they know about a car. This guy is probably a scam artist or as some have suggested - a complete wackadoo.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:44 AM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Oh, his collection of cars is real. And he's really a bit touched. The good stuff is all gone and has been for a while. He's just hit polished turds left now.

BTW, the car in my avatar was liberated from his hoard 4 or 5 years ago. Some escape alive.

Quick Reply: BEWARE: DO NOT BUY ANY CARS FROM SHERIDAN,WY or BILLINGS,MO