Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

anyone know if Motor Meister is out of business?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 02:09 PM
C four S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know if Motor Meister is out of business?

they are in CA
Thanks
Old 01-14-2014, 02:29 PM
blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 103 Posts

Hope you're not trying to give them business, I believe there is many pending cases against them and they might be on the way out.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:45 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

lets hope so ..
though i read something on pelican a while back that they were selling off peoples cars or something ..

dead and burried i hope
Old 01-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I saw one of the recovered engines just last week. It had been assembled without any sort of lube what so ever! Not even motor oil. Mechanic took a rocker cover off and showed me that parts were gritty with dirt and debris.

They deserve to be gone. .....and yes, the word here is that they have officially been closed. Several threads here and on Pelican.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:31 PM
951M471 CarreraM491
Advanced

They have filed for bankruptcy...

See here for case information. http://business-bankruptcies.com/cas...or-meister-inc
Old 03-01-2014, 09:53 PM
J1720
Rennlist Member

I have had two experiences with them. One was absolutely horrible and one was good. The good one was many years ago and the worst one was a few years ago.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:32 PM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by J1720
I have had two experiences with them. One was absolutely horrible and one was good. The good one was many years ago and the worst one was a few years ago.

It is said that you get what you pay for. In this case I cannot imagine anyone believing that MM could build a good engine for prices quoted.

The "ante" for a proper 911 rebuild is $15,000. The sillier you get the higher the number. You can drop $30,000 very easily.
Go racing and you can spend $50,000 even quicker. "How fast do you want to go?"
Old 03-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

I've had the unfortunate experience of rebuilding three of their "new" rebuilds and there are not words to describe what I've observed about their practices. Needless to say, it wound up costing the owners about double what a quality rebuild would have been in the first place.

My personal observations about why they remained in business for so long was due to many people believing they were being taken advantage of by the reputable shop's pricing and not understanding that Porsches are not cheap cars to acquire nor maintain.

People never have the money to do something right, but they always have the money to do it all over again.

For my part, I'm very glad they are gone as many of my peers (including myself) were tarred with the same brush and spent an inordinate amount of time doing damage control as a result. I fervently hope those people do not resurface with a new name and the same MO (such things have happened before in this business).
Old 03-19-2014, 11:09 AM
c2pilot
6th Gear

Angry

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
I've had the unfortunate experience of rebuilding three of their "new" rebuilds and there are not words to describe what I've observed about their practices. Needless to say, it wound up costing the owners about double what a quality rebuild would have been in the first place.

My personal observations about why they remained in business for so long was due to many people believing they were being taken advantage of by the reputable shop's pricing and not understanding that Porsches are not cheap cars to acquire nor maintain.

People never have the money to do something right, but they always have the money to do it all over again.

For my part, I'm very glad they are gone as many of my peers (including myself) were tarred with the same brush and spent an inordinate amount of time doing damage control as a result. I fervently hope those people do not resurface with a new name and the same MO (such things have happened before in this business).
Amen Steve.. Thanks for the good work you do. MM did me wrong and I will be more critical in the future about who touches my car.

Quick Reply: anyone know if Motor Meister is out of business?