Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   911 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/911-forum-56/)
-   -   anyone know if Motor Meister is out of business? (https://rennlist.com/forums/911-forum/795365-anyone-know-if-motor-meister-is-out-of-business.html)

C four S 01-14-2014 02:09 PM

anyone know if Motor Meister is out of business?

they are in CA
Thanks

blockhed 01-14-2014 02:29 PM

Hope you're not trying to give them business, I believe there is many pending cases against them and they might be on the way out.

theiceman 01-14-2014 03:45 PM

lets hope so ..
though i read something on pelican a while back that they were selling off peoples cars or something ..

dead and burried i hope

Amber Gramps 01-14-2014 05:02 PM

I saw one of the recovered engines just last week. It had been assembled without any sort of lube what so ever! Not even motor oil. :eek: Mechanic took a rocker cover off and showed me that parts were gritty with dirt and debris.

They deserve to be gone. .....and yes, the word here is that they have officially been closed. Several threads here and on Pelican.

951M471 CarreraM491 03-01-2014 09:31 PM

They have filed for bankruptcy...

See here for case information. http://business-bankruptcies.com/cas...or-meister-inc

J1720 03-01-2014 09:53 PM

I have had two experiences with them. One was absolutely horrible and one was good. The good one was many years ago and the worst one was a few years ago.

sithot 03-02-2014 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by J1720 (Post 11178084)
I have had two experiences with them. One was absolutely horrible and one was good. The good one was many years ago and the worst one was a few years ago.

It is said that you get what you pay for. In this case I cannot imagine anyone believing that MM could build a good engine for prices quoted.

The "ante" for a proper 911 rebuild is $15,000. The sillier you get the higher the number. You can drop $30,000 very easily.
Go racing and you can spend $50,000 even quicker. "How fast do you want to go?"

Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems 03-02-2014 02:41 PM

I've had the unfortunate experience of rebuilding three of their "new" rebuilds and there are not words to describe what I've observed about their practices. Needless to say, it wound up costing the owners about double what a quality rebuild would have been in the first place.

My personal observations about why they remained in business for so long was due to many people believing they were being taken advantage of by the reputable shop's pricing and not understanding that Porsches are not cheap cars to acquire nor maintain.

People never have the money to do something right, but they always have the money to do it all over again.

For my part, I'm very glad they are gone as many of my peers (including myself) were tarred with the same brush and spent an inordinate amount of time doing damage control as a result. I fervently hope those people do not resurface with a new name and the same MO (such things have happened before in this business).

c2pilot 03-19-2014 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems (Post 11179543)
I've had the unfortunate experience of rebuilding three of their "new" rebuilds and there are not words to describe what I've observed about their practices. Needless to say, it wound up costing the owners about double what a quality rebuild would have been in the first place.

My personal observations about why they remained in business for so long was due to many people believing they were being taken advantage of by the reputable shop's pricing and not understanding that Porsches are not cheap cars to acquire nor maintain.

People never have the money to do something right, but they always have the money to do it all over again.

For my part, I'm very glad they are gone as many of my peers (including myself) were tarred with the same brush and spent an inordinate amount of time doing damage control as a result. I fervently hope those people do not resurface with a new name and the same MO (such things have happened before in this business).

Amen Steve.. Thanks for the good work you do. MM did me wrong and I will be more critical in the future about who touches my car.