911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Happy new 911 owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 06:48 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 32 Posts

Michael - Ouch! Sorry to hear about that. I hope this doesn't set you back too much. How many miles on your '72?
Old 07-25-2003, 12:55 PM
Reesestewww
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

diggin' the wheels
Old 07-25-2003, 03:08 PM
waybrig
Instructor

I would compare my ownership to courtship/marriage: The first few weeks I was stumbling around, trying to get comfortable and learn all the nuances of the car. After driving front wheel drive Honda's for most of my life, my first (and hopefully not last) Porsche took me a while to get comfortable with. Now I feel like I'm in the just married/honeymoon stage. We're dancing together really nice, I love tossing her around the twisties and I feel like she'll never let me down or disappoint me. I'm sure the old married couple phase will hit with the first major problem/repair, but after that the relationship should be more solid than before.

I'm looking forward to us growing old together........ my wife too I guess.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:21 PM
UberScheitzer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by waybrig
I would compare my ownership to courtship/marriage: The first few weeks I was stumbling around, trying to get comfortable and learn all the nuances of the car. After driving front wheel drive Honda's for most of my life, my first (and hopefully not last) Porsche took me a while to get comfortable with. Now I feel like I'm in the just married/honeymoon stage. We're dancing together really nice, I love tossing her around the twisties and I feel like she'll never let me down or disappoint me. I'm sure the old married couple phase will hit with the first major problem/repair, but after that the relationship should be more solid than before.

I'm looking forward to us growing old together........ my wife too I guess.
HAHAHAHA!!!
I LOVE IT!
Glad to hear someone else on this board is as sick (when it comes to car anologies) as me.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:53 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

How does your wife feel about being "tossed around the twisties"? And just how DO you toss your wife around the twisties?!??

Old 07-26-2003, 01:25 PM
Trust me
Instructor

Nice. When I first got my 911 it took me half way home just to get over the shock. With the biggest smile I yelled out, " Holly sh*t! I just bought a 911!" When I got home, I got out of the car and just gazed at it for at least an hour. Could'nt even get away for a beer. I do love that car. Wife on the other hand, a bit jealous.
Enjoy your dream,

Troy
Old 07-28-2003, 01:58 PM
waybrig
Instructor

Originally posted by Doug&Julie
How does your wife feel about being "tossed around the twisties"? And just how DO you toss your wife around the twisties?!??

Not much of a problem really. Just have to make sure to have the proper safety equipment.

Quick Reply: Happy new 911 owner