Absolutely!!!!!
So.....that's a thumbs up?
Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2013, 07:08 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

That's not even close to a FnP.
You've just added some mods but the overall look is def closer to 'stock' than not. Until you take the time to note the personalized aspects and details.
FWIW I like the bellows bumpers...at the time they were developed it was by far the cleanest looking 5 mph bumper system around and they still look good.
You're sittin a tad high behind Lamps, mine was too until I lowered it last week (with new shocks/bushings all around so I wouldn't have to align it twice). Same weight loss issue I suspect.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The front end scrapes just pulling out of my driveway the back end is up so high. Don't worry, one of the very next steps is to drop the back again. Looks like it's gotta go another 2-1/2 to 3 inches to level it out. Rear end almost has positive camber it's so bad. I knew she was lighter, but come on.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Reiver
Drifting

I had to re index my spring plates as there wasn't enough adjustment available and you appear to be in the same boat.
Have new bushings when you do that as I'll bet you find the same ovaled ones I found...toast. It is a pain to get the old bushings off as they are factory fused to the plates. I put urethanes on so they should last long past my ownership. I just used sway a way plates as there is more fine tuning available and didn't have to mess with the old bushings. You'll need a 4 wheel alignment too obviously.
I didn't put a bump steer kit on my front R&P and even tho I'm at 25.25 up front no problems...it did make the steering just a tad heavier tho because of the different arm angle...so if you want to add that put the bump steer kit in prior to your alignment.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by Reiver
I had to re index my spring plates as there wasn't enough adjustment available and you appear to be in the same boat.
Have new bushings when you do that as I'll bet you find the same ovaled ones I found...toast. It is a pain to get the old bushings off as they are factory fused to the plates. I put urethanes on so they should last long past my ownership. I just used sway a way plates as there is more fine tuning available and didn't have to mess with the old bushings. You'll need a 4 wheel alignment too obviously.
I didn't put a bump steer kit on my front R&P and even tho I'm at 25.25 up front no problems...it did make the steering just a tad heavier tho because of the different arm angle...so if you want to add that put the bump steer kit in prior to your alignment.
I'll take the rear as low as I can go without having to reindex the bars. Bars are in my near future though. At that point will do Elephant bushings all the way around. Up front I'm going to raise the spindles on the struts a bit to eliminate the need for a bump steer kit....but we don't talk about that here.

My next project will most likely be converting the chin spoiler to a Club Sport style (fog light delete)

Actually before that I need to finish up my manual flapper box backdate and figure out where an oil drip is coming from.

Also having just discovered Einmalig yellow zinc parts exchange /plating service, I've got a couple hundred georgious nuts, bolts, and brackets to swap out in the engine bay. I spent days matching parts to part numbers and ordering twice what I needed just for fun.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Reiver
Drifting

Well Lamps everyone should have gorgeous nuts....the world would be a safer happier place for sure.
You may run out of adjustment on those back plates and still be pretty high...I tried that to no avail.
I didn't go the poly bronze route as that's a tad harsh for the street for me....actually I put HD Bilsteins in the back and Boge's up front and that works great for me, especially with the lighter car.
I think guys get carried away with the solid bushings and stiff shocks...great for a track car but a pita on the street and rough surfaces.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:57 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Will be continuing down this road. Already have the strut tops and sway bar rubbers.

http://www.elephantracing.com/suspen...erbushings.htm
Old 12-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Shannon123
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me make sure I understand this.....

Using this car as an example.....the guy adds real RS flares, mods the suspension, adds new front valance and rebuilds the engine and its now a Hot Rod ?
Old 12-15-2013, 12:03 PM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 56 Posts

This is the one you should have bought...

Old 12-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Shannon123
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=jackb911;10979453]This is the one you should have bought...

The temptation is there for sure !
Old 12-15-2013, 06:44 PM
JGC2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've always wondered why forward dating is frowned upon where as back dating is acceptable?
Old 12-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by Shannon123
Let me make sure I understand this.....

Using this car as an example.....the guy adds real RS flares, mods the suspension, adds new front valance and rebuilds the engine and its now a Hot Rod ?
The only thing wrong with that thing is the FUGLY paint. Who would do that???
Old 12-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Shannon123
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JGC2
I've always wondered why forward dating is frowned upon where as back dating is acceptable?
+1

Here is an interesting forward date link, many comments make sense. Perhaps the cycle will turn at some point. Check out the pics of the car on second page.....first a forward date, then a back date....same car ! wow, expensive.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Originally Posted by JGC2
One is replicating a favorite period of the past with a car that usually equals or out performs that historical point and can be moded to perform in a like manner.
The other usually has the look but not the performance...poser iotw.
I'd not do either personally.

Quick Reply: Hot Rod v. frankenporsche