Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

How much is a 1987 Factory Slant nose worth with a salvage title?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 12:20 AM
Kevin in Atlanta
Rennlist Member

Received 800 Likes on 479 Posts
Default How much is a 1987 Factory Slant nose worth with a salvage title?

Need to get some sort price range to decide if it is worth what he is asking. I am a 928 guy and have owned, maintained and restored 5 of them over the years. New to 911's and looking for some help. I do understand the slant-nose is not everybody's taste.

I came across a factory slant-nose with 60k miles that had an driver-side impact serious enough to salvage it. The body work is done and all I have to do is put it back together (ha!) All the parts are there. The paint was done 2 years ago. I do not believe there was any frame damage.

Here are some pictures.
Attached Images      
Old 09-24-2013, 08:19 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,104 Likes on 789 Posts

i couldnt even hazard a guess on such a rough car in so many pieces, and tbats not counting the fact, that its a slantnose, written off, or a turbo

i would say the some of its parts,
Old 09-24-2013, 08:40 AM
HorstP
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I am not giving any number being unfamiliar what a salvage title is (nothing like that over here). In general, in the same condition, over here a 930 is about double the price of a standard 911. A slant nose will unfortunately take at least 20% hit from that value, even being a factory one. But maybe, with the car in that state, converting it to normal fenders and closing those vents in the rear would be still worth doing?
Old 09-24-2013, 09:45 AM
ricster
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a dealer I can tell you a salvaged title car is worth half of the book value on an average one. If you do buy it, then I would say get used to owning it the rest of your life as it won't be worth what you have into it.

Quick Reply: How much is a 1987 Factory Slant nose worth with a salvage title?