Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Lowering the front

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 11:32 PM
george44
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lowering the front

Hi guys, tried to lower the front this evening but did not make it. From an older post I know that a good approximation of the Euro ride height is 25.5" at the front and 25" at the rear (measured from the floor to the fender lip). I have 26.5" at the front, 25" left rear and 25 1/4" right rear. I've read that adjusting the front is a snap, adjusting the rear is a bit more complicated. I tried to lower the front. I have the Bently (front torsion bar adjusting is at 440-9) and also read the article at Pelican Parts. Found the adjusting screw. if you unscrew it any more than it is now it will no longer press against the edge of the torsion bar end. if you turn it in the opposite direction, where it is plenty of room, basically all the screw threaded portion, the front will raise instead of going lower. Am I doing something wrong or is there something else? the article at Pelican says that if you can’t get the correct adjustment you may have to remove and adjust the location of the torsion bar adjustment lever that fits on the end of the bar. Anybody had this issue? thank you

George
'79 911 SC
Old 05-31-2013, 06:31 PM
george44
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I took the car to the shop and they had to re-index the torsion bars to lower the front from 26.5" to 25.5".

George
Old 06-01-2013, 12:34 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

The adjusters front and rear are for fine-tuning. As you know now, any major change is by re-indexing.

Quick Reply: Lowering the front