Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

First Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 09:22 PM
TopDrive
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a 930 would be a ton of fun.

But I'm getting very attached to this little Carrera.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:28 PM
TopDrive
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
What color are the shocks? Green F/R or Yellow Rear, is typically Bilstein.

Cancel your crazy wheel order, and spend the money on a suspension refresh. Shocks and bushings.
I'm going to do the suspension refresh anyway. I can't stand a squeak or a rattle. The car doesn't have any rattles but it has a slight squeak in the front. It's going in the shop tomorrow and suspension is on the to do list I gave the shop today.

List of problems to be fixed:

*squeaking suspension
*malfunction in the right rear blinker
*slight hesitation at 4k RPM, so slight I thought I could be imagining it, but the mechanic drove it and felt it as well.

Then the installation of the parts I orderd from Fabtech today.

If I don't like the wheels I'll pull them off and sell or trade them. If they'd offered 17" wheels in that style I would have rather had them, but 18" was as small as they make.

I got a bad case of sticker shock when I went looking for some Ruf Yellowbird wheels. These were almost free in comparison.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

The stock Fuchs you have are very desirable, and there are 17" repros, even forged, that are on the market. Fikse are a great choice as well.

The thing is, 18's look so comical on the car, as a rule. I couldn't stand the look, but it's your car, so rock on. But, if you bought those widths in the picture, you're going to go nuts trying to fit them on the car, and that was the main point.

Quick Reply: First Porsche