Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

It was a beautiful sight this AM

Old 03-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Shannon123
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default It was a beautiful sight this AM

It was our normal Saturday AM bicycle ride of 60 plus miles and BAM....there it was, a beautiful parade of Porsche Cars running down FM 1486 near Richards Texas. From new to old, there was an assortment for everyone's taste. Pretty sure there were a couple 930,s and seemed like several GT3's along with 1 very early model longhood. There were 2 groups.....after the first group I was thinking, that was just plain awesome to watch and then we got a treat with the second batch of even more cars. The reaction of the bikers was one of awe......its just not very often you get to see a wonderful display of automotive art coming down the road like that.

Cheers to those who participated in that parade, it really made all my roadie buddies day.

Sorry, no pics....we were doing 24 on our bikes with heavy cross wind. Maybe someone who was in the Houston Club could post some pics of that wonderful day you all had ?
Old 03-16-2013, 07:50 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NICE!!!!

Doyle
Old 03-16-2013, 08:42 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Funny you mix bikers with a Porsche run. I hate nothing more while I am on a run, than a group of bikers!

I have nothing against biking. When I lived in Manhattan, I would bike all over the infamous Central park route and destory "heart attack hill", which was the Harlem stretch. It had nothing to do with Harlem itself, I was simply a brutal incline that was only for the real riders. For those of you that are familair with this route, I would do 3 complete laps, without stopping! I also did the Bike NY, that consisted of 70 miles of NYC roads and bridges. It's an annual event that closes down all the NYC routes to cars.

What I have against biking in the burbs, is when they clog the roads and think they own them. The only time I ever bike in the burbs is on the designated bike trails in Westchester County. Other than that, get off!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts

I'd normally just run them down but replacing my spoiler became a bit boring...
Old 03-16-2013, 09:40 PM
tulliotk
Advanced

Be nice to cyclists, guys. Some of them own Porsches, too. I do my riding out in the boonies far from traffic.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon123
It was our normal Saturday AM bicycle ride of 60 plus miles and BAM....there it was, a beautiful parade of Porsche Cars running down FM 1486 near Richards Texas. From new to old, there was an assortment for everyone's taste. Pretty sure there were a couple 930,s and seemed like several GT3's along with 1 very early model longhood. There were 2 groups.....after the first group I was thinking, that was just plain awesome to watch and then we got a treat with the second batch of even more cars. The reaction of the bikers was one of awe......its just not very often you get to see a wonderful display of automotive art coming down the road like that.

Cheers to those who participated in that parade, it really made all my roadie buddies day.

Sorry, no pics....we were doing 24 on our bikes with heavy cross wind. Maybe someone who was in the Houston Club could post some pics of that wonderful day you all had ?
What a small world, I was in that group and I was in my velvet red 964
We did a tour from north houston porsche to TSW in college station, here's some pictures

Last edited by Opo; 07-03-2014 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:05 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Very cool . Gotta move to Texas!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:08 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
Very cool . Gotta move to Texas!
Yes you do!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:31 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Originally Posted by tulliotk
Be nice to cyclists, guys. Some of them own Porsches, too. I do my riding out in the boonies far from traffic.
Originally Posted by Reiver
I'd normally just run them down but replacing my spoiler became a bit boring...
Back in the day (mid 70's) I use to race/compete semi pro in Italy...serious cycling taught me a new pain threshhold I've never experienced anywhere else.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:48 PM
tulliotk
Advanced

Originally Posted by Reiver
Back in the day (mid 70's) I use to race/compete semi pro in Italy...serious cycling taught me a new pain threshhold I've never experienced anywhere else.
I used to race in 80s and 90s, but I was never very good. I know what you mean about the pain threshold, though. Like Greg LeMond said, "It never gets easier, you just get faster." I worked with a coach for a while who tested my max heart rate. That hurt like I've never hurt before.

Todd
Old 03-17-2013, 12:56 AM
Reiver
Drifting

Originally Posted by tulliotk
I used to race in 80s and 90s, but I was never very good. I know what you mean about the pain threshold, though. Like Greg LeMond said, "It never gets easier, you just get faster." I worked with a coach for a while who tested my max heart rate. That hurt like I've never hurt before.

Todd
I was in the Army in Vicenza but it was a civilian equipe, Motobecane gave us some sponsorship and we rode their bikes...what we didn't have in skill or training we made up for with youthful enthusiasm. The Hills/Mountain stages were killer...I was never in better shape though, not an ounce of fat.
Taught me the dif between pain you can work thru and pain that indicates injury.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:59 AM
Shannon123
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome.....thanks for the PICS, it was a beautiful sight for sure !

To others...Please be kind to roadies, showing your dislike in a several thousand pound vehicle is not going to resolve anything....worse case is you kill someone and ruin alot of lives, including yours.

The recently released (prior to Lances' admission) book by Tyler Hamilton is an incredible read on how all the blood doping went down in the Lance days......its just one of those books you can not put down.

Last edited by Shannon123; 03-17-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

My financial guy is racing his cup car at TWS this weekend. As long as he makes us money, gotta love it.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:21 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
My financial guy is racing his cup car at TWS this weekend. As long as he makes us money, gotta love it.
It was fun today and the weather was super nice, is this your guy Ed?
This was my favorite

Last edited by Opo; 07-03-2014 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:46 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

No, but that's a beaut!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It was a beautiful sight this AM